March 28, 2024, 05:51:06 pm

Author Topic: What has happened?  (Read 20419 times)

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
What has happened?
« on: August 02, 2013, 04:14:20 am »
I think the title says it all. What has happened here? Our once flourishing, loving community has dwindled down drastically in numbers. It would appear we are losing more Regular players on a weekly basis. Some players are simply disappearing without a word of explanation. The alarming thing is it's all happening at once. All this inactivity, players leaving & disappearing is happening on a mass scale in a very short time frame.

It's quite shocking to come on daily and find between Zero and Five players in game. No posts on the forum for days. It can't be due to lack of updates. We've put out Two massive updates in the past Two months. Certain servers are putting out pea sized updates and passing them off as massive.
It can't be due to drama considering nobody ever argues here, we just spread the love.

Seriously, I would like to know what went wrong here. :/

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
Re: What has happened?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 04:26:42 am »
I would like to know the same thing myself, I have noticed people's activity has dropped drastically, Honestly I myself dropped my Activity, But I am picking it up right now, For the passed several days, I haven't seen very many people come in. RoboCop here and there, Myself, A new guy named MegaZ. Jeason returning to us, But playing a short amount of time, Even Deadpros still would come in since I've been picking up my activity, And due to him going on his little trip out here to California, He would be considered to going inactive, In which  am sure he's already explained to numerous people, So I agree with this post because we as the community are disappearing. We do need to get back on track, I thought FnF actually done us some good considering on some weeks we would have a good amount, But on any other day such as today we are low, So again I too would love to know where everyone is.

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Offline Saw

• Bone County Fire Department
  • Bone County Fire Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 05:20:19 am »
School is one thing that is having everyone be inactive. and I have been busy helping my grandfather. People are also doing vacations and so much more, The only thing we could hope for is that they will all come back. But with school starting I am not sure.

Offline joaofcmb

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
  • Sergeant of the BCSD
    • View Profile
    • Good ol' days :)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 10:21:20 am »
I agree BH is no longer what it was due to lack of active members, i dunno if people got bored of ECNR, or just have been inactive. In ma case it is ma internet, but i'll soon raise my activity.

Anyway i recomend going in the FGRPG program and focus on it. EGCM, in my opinion sucks, because it is just like single player survival but with more guys. That is why there is no one in EGCM. We need a server spawn, which would lead to the survival world, some minigames, and stuff; i wouldnt mind helping on that
Regular ECNR player and Bone County's Sheriff's Department Sergeant

Offline Quit

• EGCM Administration
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 10:30:19 am »
We have spawn on egcm...but yeah we dont have minigames etc..
And i think everyone is inactive because they dont see people ig and they dont come ig because of that.If we all were ig i bet someone will come.

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »
Ups and downs, man, ups and downs. It's never all ups, not always! Be cool about it, we've gotten through worse. Every server faces these silent days. ;)

Offline Viper

• FGRPG Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »
Take into account this definitely the largest holiday period throughout the world. And ive onticed for a fact when i started here, it wasn't holiday season it was thriving. As soon as it gets to my holidays, everybody seems to dissapear aswell so im quite sure everybody will be back into full flow, at the very worst and latest, in September.

All is not lost!

Offline RoboCop

• Bone County Sheriff-Coroner
  • Head Of Security
  • Bone County Emergency Services Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 03:07:21 pm »
I was able to mix it up today between MegaZ and Lunar. As long as we've got a few crims in there, I see action. But still, where's all the off-school kids with San Andreas? :P

Offline Voltage

• (Karagon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:44:34 pm »
Certain servers are putting out pea sized updates and passing them off as massive.

Hahah. Great words :D

Yea, I know it's not the updates being the issue, because if that was then you know what I mean. The issue may be with the replay value? I mean, a game can only be played so long until it gets boring. I myself am bored with SA-MP, to be honest, and that may just be the case with a lot of other people.

By Karagon

Offline MyIdentityisSafe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 05:08:02 am »
Certain servers are putting out pea sized updates and passing them off as massive.

Hahah. Great words :D

Yea, I know it's not the updates being the issue, because if that was then you know what I mean. The issue may be with the replay value? I mean, a game can only be played so long until it gets boring. I myself am bored with SA-MP, to be honest, and that may just be the case with a lot of other people.

Hate you.

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 03:41:24 pm »
Ive Been playing World of Warcraft all summer, because i only get it in the summer. I will return to being fully active on the 29th.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline GoR

• Elite Member
  • STOP GIVING ME BAD KARMA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 08:17:48 am »
sup.

Offline Avail

• Loyalty - Respect
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 11:29:51 am »
Went on vacation, came back.

lol

Offline Francis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 05:04:47 am »
I know it's out of my place talking here considering I've only been here for like a broken amount of time. But I feel like throwing my 5 cents about it.

Did it ever occur to anyone that most people just got bored of the gamemode? We've been running the same concept of CnR since the community started. (+ let's not forget back in the CRRPG days which I hope no one stones me for mentioning it). My honest-to-god opinion why I (and probably most) people left. No one (or Few) enjoys Cops and Robbers' servers anymore. We've been running CnR waaay back since Byrner owns CRRPG (Most of EGC's playerbase came from CRRPG, c'mon people). I mean sure, it was fun back then because you'd go 'omg, this is soo unique and amazing'. But now, it doesn't impress anyone.

Offline Noes

• The Black Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:30 am »
Okay this is why i've been inactive: I've been turning my computer on and watched on SAMP got boored by looking at it, then suddenly my internet is 0.16 mb / s at the highest it comes atm due to problems which hopefully will be today. Also i've been with my GF, preparing which day school start. As soon my "real" internet goes up i'am back into teh game :>