April 27, 2024, 02:02:58 pm

Author Topic: Biz Robberies  (Read 2445 times)

[OG]Tank

Biz Robberies
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:49:29 pm »
Not really a suggestion but more of a Complexity of rules thing.( We should add that thread btw)

I am a bit confused. Why is it that they are allowed to kill the person before the rob. If they don't lose money how is it they can kill? (They being biz owners). I know attempt robs on persons wether failed or succeed you are allowed to kill.

You aren't allowed to kill if someone failed robbing the bank! Nor are you allwoed to do it while they are robbing the bank.

I looked up the rules:

Section 1: Deathmatching
Deathmatching is the act of attacking another player (including their vehicle) without an acceptable reason to do so.

Acceptable reasons for attacking another player include being physically assaulted in any way (robbed, infected with an STD or otherwise and so on). If your bank account suffers a loss of funds as the result of a bank heist, you may also attack said individual although please note that in all cases you only have a five minute window in which the assault can take place.

Bear in mind that each spawn is an entirely new life free of previous emotions for others, as such, you may not continue a feud from a previous life.

Also the in-game rules. Neither have a general rule about this.
If they are allowed to kill before the rob complete. They biz owner has no consequence for failing to buy biz insurance. This is also unfair for the Robber. Not only does he lose his life but also a potential chance to rob a biz and earn cash.

So I just want thoughts on this. As far as I am concerned. The biz owner shouldn't be allowed to kill unless they lose money directly.

Offline Saw

• Bone County Fire Department
  • Bone County Fire Department
    • View Profile
Re: Biz Robberies
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 01:26:46 am »
Agreed. I think it should only be if they lose money, not when a robber fails to rob.

Offline Underated

• Soldier of the ERR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:22:30 am »
But it is inevitable that the owner will lose money after a robbery is started.
I'd rather prevent someone from taking money from me than kill him after I lose the money.
It even says on the owners screen when someone starts a robbery at the owners biz, at my biz, for instance: ''X has started a robbery at your Club Diva, you still have a chance to try and scare him off''

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:28:17 am »
It even says on the owners screen when someone starts a robbery at the owners biz, at my biz, for instance: ''X has started a robbery at your Club Diva, you still have a chance to try and scare him off''

Does it say "X has started a robbery at your Club Diva, you have a chance to kill him before he takes your money!"

Nope...
It says to scare him off, meaning to go there and to stand there... Some people get scared because they know they would/might get killed after... If they haven't taken your money then you simply shouldn't kill them...

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:03:22 pm »
You can kill a player while he's robbing your business. Perhaps I should of worded it better.

Offline Deadpros

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 12:08:05 pm »
But we can't kill if the rob attempt fail, we don't even get a echo if the attempt failed.
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

[OG]Tank

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 01:37:34 pm »
You can kill a player while he's robbing your business. Perhaps I should of worded it better.

Shouldn't be after? Way I see it the robber doesn't have a chance in any scenario.

1. He tries to rob - Can get killed
2. He does rob it- Can get killed.

Where is the benefit for the robber?

Offline Deadpros

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 01:40:16 pm »
Tank if you had a org you do nothing while a rob is in progress? Ofc we can protect our property.
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

Offline joaofcmb

• Sergeant of the BCSD
    • View Profile
    • Good ol' days :)
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 02:06:43 pm »
inmy opinion, first ask(100% failiure :)), then wound n threat, only then if he continues to kill him(prob to late but..... 8))
Regular ECNR player and Bone County's Sheriff's Department Sergeant

[OG]Tank

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 05:07:21 pm »
Tank if you had a org you do nothing while a rob is in progress? Ofc we can protect our property.

Then there would be no need for biz insurance. Since you can just kill them before they finish robbing.