April 27, 2024, 06:35:04 am

Author Topic: Players markers  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Pedro_Cuecas

• View Profile
Players markers
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:23:40 pm »
well, as i have been part of a confusion because leave the game while wanted, but the cop was on the ground and i was fleeing(well the players involved knows all story). i want to suggest that some markers can disappear on MAP. Like army when is stealth, we can only see his marker when he is above us or very close of us.... so..... my suggestion is the RED PLAYERS MARKERS could disapear if a cop was very far from the wanted, this is, the cop could only see his position on map when he(cop) was close from the red player. And that have a point: to the players wich are red and need to go off they didnt need to surrender or be killed to left the game and if the marker disappear the cop don't have that argue that was seeing his marker and the cop can see the marker in the other side of SA, so that is a shit.
We could do the same for ORANGE PLAYERS MARKERS but the cops could see their marker further long than the RED PLAYERS MARKERS

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
Re: Players markers
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:24:16 pm »
I have to disagree with you on this, it's bad enough that when you're in an interior the markers are inaccurate, but just from being far away? That would make the cop class virtually unplayable.

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:08:43 pm »
I have to disagree with you on this, it's bad enough that when you're in an interior the markers are inaccurate, but just from being far away? That would make the cop class virtually unplayable.
AGREED ^_^
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline Quit

• EGCM Administration
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 09:11:41 am »
I agree with Pedro because cops have tazers.You dont even need to aim with the tazer and you can hit him.They have 100% chance to arrest you with tazer so its hard for criminal to escape tazing.If you are cop:Taze,cuff,arrest.Criminal cant escape tazing so it will be nice if criminal can dissapear from radar if he is far away

Tazer makes criminal unplayable.If cop uses tazer then you need to find a friend to teamup with so you dont get tazed and arrested because he can help.If ur alone its 90%chance that you go to jail

Edit:I know it will be unfair to the cops who never taze but still i agree with the suggestion.
Edit 2:Or you can remove cop markers who are away too ?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:53:06 am by Quit »

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 11:37:24 am »
Or increase the taser's fail rate.

Edit: You do need to aim the taser; I guess the the range it hits a player is too high.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:00:44 pm by Sylar »

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »
Not many people use the taser in the first place.
Removing cop markers as well won't compensate for the disadvantage.

OldMan

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:37:29 pm »
I agree with Pedro because cops have tazers.You dont even need to aim with the tazer and you can hit him.They have 100% chance to arrest you with tazer so its hard for criminal to escape tazing.If you are cop:Taze,cuff,arrest.Criminal cant escape tazing so it will be nice if criminal can dissapear from radar if he is far away

Tazer makes criminal unplayable.If cop uses tazer then you need to find a friend to teamup with so you dont get tazed and arrested because he can help.If ur alone its 90%chance that you go to jail

Edit:I know it will be unfair to the cops who never taze but still i agree with the suggestion.
Edit 2:Or you can remove cop markers who are away too ?
Stop being pussies, Tazers are actually hard to use (ya'll niggas don't even play Cops)
It actually requires aim. So if you get hit by tazers, meanin you're a terrible runner.

Ratzu has made a point. That inaccurate gay interior has been problems (And I play 99% criminal)

Offline Pedro_Cuecas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 08:06:12 pm »
but in  real life when a cop looses a criminal he don't have a marker saying where he is.... the cop has to try to find the criminal nearby him! and i think that could be copyed to the game! when the criminal is near cops could see the marker, when the criminal was far away cops couldnt see the marker

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 09:29:43 pm »
Not many people use the taser in the first place.
Removing cop markers as well won't compensate for the disadvantage.
Ikr most cops just rush cuff, but the tazers are fine
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

OldMan

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:54 pm »
Edit: You do need to aim the taser; I guess the the range it hits a player is too high.
No. The problem is the tazer uses a OnPlayerGiveDamage function.
This is entirely different because what you hit in your screen (+ the actual hitting so 1.5 inch near are also affected) is what you taze.

Can easily be fixed by substituting it with an OnPlayerTakeDamage function

ewan_raven

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »
I was actually thinking about this earlier. It'd make for some cool fights if it was temporary or if the marker disappeared when a suspect was near which encourages the use of line of sight. Could give the knife a real purpose what with sneaking up behind cops and preforming unseen sniper attacks.

Offline Kelvin_Campe

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 01:08:30 pm »
no no no and more noes
I am the eye in the sky I am always watching