April 28, 2024, 11:49:31 am

Author Topic: Remove the Ireland Toll?  (Read 6446 times)

Offline godBrother

• View Profile
Remove the Ireland Toll?
« on: March 10, 2013, 08:04:31 pm »
I don't know, it just feels like it ruins the whole seemless experience of driving to a place and another. I'm aware that this might be a bit of an controversial suggestion, but to be honest, I feel like it's just gonna be better.

Maybe we could even test it out without it? Remove the toll for a week and see how it goes, or even have a poll where people can vote because I don't really think I'm alone on this.

EDIT: If you disagree/agree, please elaborate why you think what you think! This is a bigger suggestion than one might think, so I'd like to have somewhat of an interesting discussion instead of simple answers (no offense :P)!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:12:19 pm by godBrother »

Skyperan

Re: Remove the Ireland Toll?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 08:07:46 pm »
I totally agree with that. Passing that toll is just pointless imho.

Offline Quit

• EGCM Administration
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:10:36 pm »
I dont agree i like the toll :D

Crow

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:14:10 pm »
Idunno. I like the toll. If you honestly don't want to pay it then you'll have to work and grab a plane/heli. Or swim. Personally I feel like if you're gonna be bringing a car onto an island you should have to pay a toll :P My opinion o'course.

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:14:53 pm »
The toll is pointless, get rid of it. But if a criminal is being chased by a cop in Ireland the toll does make the criminals escape a little harder.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline godBrother

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:16:01 pm »
Idunno. I like the toll. If you honestly don't want to pay it then you'll have to work and grab a plane/heli. Or swim. Personally I feel like if you're gonna be bringing a car onto an island you should have to pay a toll :P My opinion o'course.

That's pretty much the reason why me (and possibly others) dislike it. I don't feel like I should have to get some different transportation to just simply enter Ireland. It takes away from the amazing experience.

Offline Revo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »
I would prefer it if you didn't post every good idea CRRPG has implented over here, godBrother.

Offline Quit

• EGCM Administration
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 08:16:59 pm »
The toll is pointless, get rid of it. But if a criminal is being chased by a cop in Ireland the toll does make the criminals escape a little harder.
It makes escaping easier to me not harder
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:18:42 pm by Quit »

Offline godBrother

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 08:17:41 pm »
I would prefer it if you didn't post every good idea CRRPG has implented over here, godBrother.

Every =/= one

Offline C1ark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:11:06 pm »
I like the toll booth. Makes escaping harder. More realistic.

Offline Revo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:35:23 pm »

Every =/= one

If you can't come up with your own ideas, then perhaps you shouldn't suggest it.

Offline RoboCop

• Bone County Sheriff-Coroner
  • Head Of Security
  • Bone County Emergency Services Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:41:28 pm »
And who put you in charge of determining what is appropriate and not appropriate for a suggestion? If it's valid and has some meat to it, he's free to do so and it's up to Enigma if he wants to implement it or not. In fact, I really don't think there's much ice to tread upon on the subject of ideas being lifted. You lot know why.

Crow

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 01:54:38 am »
And who put you in charge of determining what is appropriate and not appropriate for a suggestion? If it's valid and has some meat to it, he's free to do so and it's up to Enigma if he wants to implement it or not. In fact, I really don't think there's much ice to tread upon on the subject of ideas being lifted. You lot know why.

Right-O! Sooo... on that note, back to the yes or no replies!

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 09:11:58 am »
Everyone calm down lol

Revo you know I mean no disrespect by the following Two points.

Give GB a break lol it's not as if he has posted some secretive, unique, unthinkable abstract concept. Everyone thinks about it pretty much every time they go through it, I've contemplated it several times. He was just the one who went to the bother of posting it up. I don't mean to start an argument or any tension I just felt the need to defend him when I don't think he did anything wrong.

Also, I don't mean to be a dick but 90% of CRRPG is my concepts, my ideas and my code stolen, so to accuse anyone here of stealing ideas is absolutely insane.

Again I don't want to argue with you, we've had a good relationship so far and I do hope to continue that, but I felt compelled to reply here giving my Two cents.

Sorry for poor grammar, replying from my phone.

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 10:16:45 am »
I like having the toll booth. Could make it look prettier though, currently it looks like a really well organized junk yard. :)