May 01, 2024, 11:26:47 pm

Author Topic: Backpacks.  (Read 2767 times)

Reflex

Backpacks.
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:41:17 pm »
I am sorry for the post on this subject but backpacks should either be free or purchasable in-game from a clothes shop or similar.

At the moment we can't even rob a business without losing money, we can't keep a bought gun etc etc.

I think that players having to pay for them is ridiculous. I prime example is that you can't get your terrorist skill up without dedicating the majority of your time to purchasing single blocks of C4. Why? Because you can't store the extra 9 in your backpack. It is the same with weed and every other item, most importantly money.

I am only one person and I hope I am speaking for the majority of the community here. I am not asking to make every item free, that would be stupid. I am merely asking for 1 item to be made available to all players so we can actually keep the items we buy, not to mention it is probably the most widely used addition for players.

Can you please comment below if backpacks should be purchased from the store or be available to purchase in game and your reason why. Thank you.

Shadow

Re: Backpacks.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:44:46 pm »
It was the one item that I loved at the other server and it's one of the reasons why I wont play regularly here I'm afraid.

Having items purchasable in-game is much more appealing to an audience then having to fork out real cash to pay for virtual items that could vanish whenever the owner of the server decides to shut it down (I know it's not soon but you get my point).

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:48:11 pm »
The admins don't want every player to have backpacks, or the thief skill would be useless. As much as i love this idea, people not having backpacks is a good idea because it builds more suspense into the game.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Shadow

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:51:55 pm »
The admins don't want every player to have backpacks, or the thief skill would be useless. As much as i love this idea, people not having backpacks is a good idea because it builds more suspense into the game.

If it builds more suspense, remove them as a purchasable item - at the moment they are still in the game, however Enigma makes money from them - it shouldn't exist whatsoever as said before if that's truly the purpose.

Simple.

OldMan

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 12:46:32 am »
Why not let the thief rob it from inside the backpack -.-

120% agree on making it purchasable from IG

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 12:55:03 am »
No, not like the dcrrpg. NO WAY! make it so people have to have a certain amount of cash on them at all times? O.o
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Reflex

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 07:38:50 am »
So Littleman, have it so the cash is limited to $1000000 or something in the backpack...... Wait that is what it was originally. Being able to rob something from the backpack is good. Not rob the pack completely.

How about:-
If you were to rob a backpack it should be randomized. A player would type /robpack (id). They would then rob the pack of something random. A weapon, weed, money, rope, eggs and C4. This would make the game interesting as well as adding a new element.

I am saying this as if it is going to happen. I reckon the above should be implemented and backpacks should be made purchasable in-game.
Like they were when Enigma made the original script back in the day

Offline GoR

• Elite Member
  • STOP GIVING ME BAD KARMA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 08:01:55 am »
This thing with dem backpack's was allready discussed with another suggestion made by CookieMonstah and was denied as i knew... Still would be cool to be having it purchasable in-game so yeah...

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 05:36:07 pm »

If it builds more suspense, remove them as a purchasable item - at the moment they are still in the game, however Enigma makes money from them - it shouldn't exist whatsoever as said before if that's truly the purpose.

Simple.
I make money from them ? Are you for real? Stop being such a sheep and just listening to everything said at that other place.

Get your facts right. First of all, at that other place there wouldn't be any backpacks if I hadn't of coded them. Fuckin Hell, there wouldn't be THAT PLACE if I hadn't of built it from the ground up.

Second of all, do you have any idea how much money the ECNR Store makes? Do you have any idea how much the bills are for keeping this place running? I don't make a penny from any of the purchases. I simply have more funds to expand EGC and renew it's features.

Don't you dare come on here making such ridiculous, blind accusations such as that. Now, run on back to the other place and bitch and moan as usual, what you do best. Good day Sir.

Offline GoR

• Elite Member
  • STOP GIVING ME BAD KARMA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:40:21 pm »

Simple.
I make money from them ? Are you for real? Stop being such a sheep and just listening to everything said at that other place.

Get your facts right. First of all, at that other place there wouldn't be any backpacks if I hadn't of coded them. Fuckin Hell, there wouldn't be THAT PLACE if I hadn't of built it from the ground up.

Second of all, do you have any idea how much money the ECNR Store makes? Do you have any idea how much the bills are for keeping this place running? I don't make a penny from any of the purchases. I simply have more funds to expand EGC and renew it's features.

Don't you dare come on here making such ridiculous, blind accusations such as that. Now, run on back to the other place and bitch and moan as usual, what you do best. Good day Sir.

PWNT. And yeah , he created all CRRPG and things. He has the right to do anything with them lol!??!?!

Shadow

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 08:24:42 pm »

Simple.

Why not code new features and make them purchasable? Rather than turn the really good ones into purchasable items? Also, in reply to you referencing the other place: they don't charge for a backpack and I assume they pay similar costs for you, why's that? Just saying...

You went really aggressive for no reason whatsoever - shouldn't complain about the price of the server and how much it costs if you're the one who delved into starting your own one up. I personally wouldn't charge for items, but however would instead put up a donation board. I wouldn't want game content being made available to those who have the right real-life circumstances, making it unavailable to those who aren't as well off.

And at GoR, please be quiet you little two faced boy, one minute you are on CRRPG bitching about ECNR being down (IRC wise) and the next you are kissing Enigma's ass. I wanted to be a part of both communities, heck I wasn't the one who suggested this idea - yet I feel like I'm the problem causer here when all I did was give what I believed to be my true opinion.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:46:32 pm by Shadow »

Offline Paranoid

• Bitch nigga ass please
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 09:33:32 pm »
i agree half, i can see why enigma did it.

but i have an idea that could be a replacement.

when getting regular player you will get 2 choices as a "reward"
 a backpack or a reward that has be determined yet.

how about that? both things must be able to be bought from the store.
Certified Retard/Noob Hunter

Signature Made by my Good friends!

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 11:31:46 pm »
The reason it was made a Store Item was because it was taking a lot of risk out of the game. Dying & Being arrested didn't matter any more, as players could just backpack whatever they had before hand. If you were to actually think of it from beyond the point of "no i want this k" you might comprehend that.  :)

Complaining? There is a difference between complaining and proving someone wrong, good sir. Maybe take the defeat in stride rather than reverse accusations? Give it a try.  :)

Several players have tried to donate, but I've refused. I've either demanded they use the donation as a store purchase or simply not allow them to send the money. So really Shadow, try see'ing the bigger picture. Rather than "i want something, now gimme k!", please, for the sake of your own image, try step outside your mental box?  :D

I've absolutely no problem with Beadle posting this idea, I've never explained the reasoning behind it to him before so he was right to be curious. He simply suggested something, whereas you threw an accusation around without the knowledge to so, which in turn, made you seem quite immature and idiotic.

Now please, stop wasting everyones time here and go play with my leftovers.  :)