April 20, 2024, 08:38:32 am

Author Topic: Just Letting You Guys Know  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
Just Letting You Guys Know
« on: January 01, 2015, 08:40:18 am »
For the passed few days I've been dealing with a graphics issue. To where everything looked fine on my laptop from 1 point, To where I lost graphics entirely. And within these passed few days I've been trying constantly to see if any change came of my laptop, By leaving it off then turning it back on at random. And I was fucking with it constantly and had melted looking graphics. Until my last attempt to get graphics back to where it should be. And finally I got full graphics back. But for how long? That is the thing that is worrying me because I know it's not gonna last as long as I want it to, So in the mean time I am gonna be riding it until I lose it again. So don't consider the post as me announcing my inactivity cause as far as I'm concerned I'm not inactive. And Also knowing I may lose it again I am gonna be looking for a new graphics card and hopefully I can find it in time, I've called my laptop's makers which directed me to the parts and replacements department and all I got was a recording for what website's I would have to goto in order for me to get the help I need. To me it's a total waste of a call if I'm calling wanting to talk in voice, NOT goto a website. So what I wanna do is have a computer repair shop fix this issue for me. Even if it costs an arm and a leg.

So the reason of this post is everything I explained, If you don't see me in IRC. You know it could have happened again but for as long as the graphics last me, I am here until otherwise.

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Offline Saw

• Bone County Fire Department
  • Bone County Fire Department
    • View Profile
Re: Just Letting You Guys Know
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 08:38:37 pm »
This laptop has been giving you so many problems these past couple years. I think is is about time to get a new one in my opinion. I think repair shops are also a waste of money. I know they may seem to be always helpful but in the long run your computer still runs into more issues if not the same issues you have had. Time to get a new computer. Once again this is all my opinion not anything against you  or the repair shop.

Offline Tay_Zonday

• Plays DotA 2, CS 1.6 ,SAMP and few new games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 05:08:12 am »
had melted looking graphics.

Are you using a Dell? Because I have a Dell with the same issue. Not the graphics chip hasn't molten off yet, but those idiots didn't apply enough thermal paste causing lots of overheating issues. Try under clocking your graphics card if you can. Although performance would be affected, the card would be stable overall.
Every rule there is has an exception.

Except this one.

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 07:08:11 pm »
had melted looking graphics.

Are you using a Dell? Because I have a Dell with the same issue. Not the graphics chip hasn't molten off yet, but those idiots didn't apply enough thermal paste causing lots of overheating issues. Try under clocking your graphics card if you can. Although performance would be affected, the card would be stable overall.

I don't have a dell, I have a Toshiba.

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's