April 25, 2024, 08:49:26 pm

Author Topic: What has happened?  (Read 21048 times)

Offline Avail

• Loyalty - Respect
    • View Profile
Re: What has happened?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 12:20:24 pm »
I know it's out of my place talking here considering I've only been here for like a broken amount of time. But I feel like throwing my 5 cents about it.

Did it ever occur to anyone that most people just got bored of the gamemode? We've been running the same concept of CnR since the community started. (+ let's not forget back in the CRRPG days which I hope no one stones me for mentioning it). My honest-to-god opinion why I (and probably most) people left. No one (or Few) enjoys Cops and Robbers' servers anymore. We've been running CnR waaay back since Byrner owns CRRPG (Most of EGC's playerbase came from CRRPG, c'mon people). I mean sure, it was fun back then because you'd go 'omg, this is soo unique and amazing'. But now, it doesn't impress anyone.

I have seen a lot of people still getting fun even by all the time passed.

Offline Francis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 02:47:09 pm »
I know it's out of my place talking here considering I've only been here for like a broken amount of time. But I feel like throwing my 5 cents about it.

Did it ever occur to anyone that most people just got bored of the gamemode? We've been running the same concept of CnR since the community started. (+ let's not forget back in the CRRPG days which I hope no one stones me for mentioning it). My honest-to-god opinion why I (and probably most) people left. No one (or Few) enjoys Cops and Robbers' servers anymore. We've been running CnR waaay back since Byrner owns CRRPG (Most of EGC's playerbase came from CRRPG, c'mon people). I mean sure, it was fun back then because you'd go 'omg, this is soo unique and amazing'. But now, it doesn't impress anyone.

I have seen a lot of people still getting fun even by all the time passed.

Sure, probably time to time, players would come by and play for sake.

But that isn't a consistent player-count. Say max, we have an entire 20 members in a community. -5 for those who "barely" plays. I'm talking about those who just opens their mIRC 24/7 and chat on the IRC server or hanging on the forums. -5 for those who just here once in a while. (Doesn't really play in a consistent basis). In that 10 members, 5 are probably new players who would only play once and forget all about the server (including our usual DMers and Hackers). Then we'd divide it by 2. Giving us 2-3 players on a regular basis.

All that aside, I'm not hating on anyone. I love the server, the script, the community and Byrner (also known as Enigma, Irish, etc). But like what Karagon/Voltage said
The issue may be with the replay value? I mean, a game can only be played so long until it gets boring. I myself am bored with SA-MP, to be honest, and that may just be the case with a lot of other people.
It's the replay value and let's be honest, a usual routine of robbing,raping,kidnapping or arresting..... It's not going to last very long.

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 11:32:32 pm »
I will admit i love the server, but sometimes it gets boring :o
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline godBrother

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 11:41:45 pm »

It's the replay value and let's be honest, a usual routine of robbing,raping,kidnapping or arresting..... It's not going to last very long.

it did for alot of us though

Offline MegaZ

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 07:48:09 am »
I belive that most of you dont know me but im new to the server and I met byrner , aaron , robocop , luna , that_guy , viper and many more and played with them , but 99% of my time is alone on the server , by robbing and blowing stuff up , why? Because NO ONE JOINS THE GAME IF NO ONE IS IN IT , and I myself joined when I saw the server first time on the sa-mp list and saw like 5-6 players and I like servers with not alot of player , just a few 5 to 30 to maintain the lag , while I was getting score alone , i got over 500 score in 3 days , why? Because no one joins the game if it is empty , If I join the game , onther players who check the server will see that im online and join me , just like Luna , we never meet but when I spend time and teamed up we were 2 players and after that aaron joined to blow us then Curiosity then Robocop and wasaki , so my point is IF you can join the game , do it and everyone else will because they are not alone on the server , because its pretty fuckin' boring to talk to a fukin' Egg mate.

P.S. Excuse my bloody language mate.
             P.P.S. IM NOT BRITISH FOR FUCK SAKE!

Offline Voltage

• (Karagon)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 05:04:07 pm »
The problem is getting people in the game, not keeping them. Keeping them has never been an issue for the script/server.

The people that would get in the game and play aren't here any more, so it's working with a new player base (Ergo MegaZ).

By Karagon

Offline MegaZ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 05:25:11 pm »
The problem is getting people in the game, not keeping them. Keeping them has never been an issue for the script/server.

The people that would get in the game and play aren't here any more, so it's working with a new player base (Ergo MegaZ).

Yea but today , I joined the game and 5 more people joined after i got in , new players and when i left , one by one they got out , and that was just a test , I say if that we get atleast 3 european time players that are experienced and atleast 1 is an admin to keep clear from players that avoid the rules and maybe be a hacker.Then we need 3 onthers that are american time zone , which should be easy , robocop , aaron and 1 more.

Offline Noes

• The Black Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 05:36:26 pm »

Yea but today , I joined the game and 5 more people joined after i got in , new players and when i left , one by one they got out , and that was just a test , I say if that we get atleast 3 european time players that are experienced and atleast 1 is an admin to keep clear from players that avoid the rules and maybe be a hacker.Then we need 3 onthers that are american time zone , which should be easy , robocop , aaron and 1 more.
Imo, I don't need to be in any special timezone, I still have summer break but my internet is being weird till tomorrow or thursday, So i can be on whenever when it's fixed.

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 02:38:14 am »
Players like MegaZ are exactly what is needed. Players that don't just look at the player count and say "Nobodys in game, I'm not going in" Guess what, everyone is doing the same! MegaZ and a few others are thinking correctly; "Nobodys in game, maybe if I join more will join". One player = two players. Two players = Four players. So on and so on.

We can get this community back, it's not that far gone yet. We've had a rough couple of weeks, I believe it's going to get better though.

Offline MegaZ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 07:01:50 am »
Players like MegaZ are exactly what is needed. Players that don't just look at the player count and say "Nobodys in game, I'm not going in" Guess what, everyone is doing the same! MegaZ and a few others are thinking correctly; "Nobodys in game, maybe if I join more will join". One player = two players. Two players = Four players. So on and so on.

We can get this community back, it's not that far gone yet. We've had a rough couple of weeks, I believe it's going to get better though.

Yesterday i played with 2 guys who "no english" we didnt understood each onther and I told them "no ram" then rammed him once and said "no no no" and he said "ok" , myself have to teach players what to do , if he would have been english I would told him to read rules , pc and dm , but I was in same situation as him when i was younger but someone teached me english , and no it was not school , when I went to school at english class , everything i saw there i learned from a guy online on a CnR server.Just saying that most of the new players run to me and start shooting me and when I get admin to freeze them they say "stop" then leave.

OK I got over the point but we dont get american players or british or any players because they dont reach the server , we only get european players who speak english who are VERY LOW at number and 1 or 2 that speak english and they are either romanians like me and start insulting me or some onther nationality.

Offline Lunaxarion

• Killing those BCSD Nubs :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 02:53:13 pm »
I will try to be more active soon, my internet is really bad during the summer due to lots of people online and I can really only get on really late or early in the morning.

I still like ECNR and hope nothing happens to it  :'( I've just actually been incapable of joining much.

I'll admit however, sometimes I don't join cause nobody else is on. I shouldn't do that  :(

I may or may not be male.
I may or may not be female.
That is none of your concern.

P.S. I like GTA and TES:V, if you ever want to chat about either, Im more than willing :)

Offline GoR

• Elite Member
  • STOP GIVING ME BAD KARMA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »
I belive that most of you dont know me but im new to the server and I met byrner , aaron , robocop , luna , that_guy , viper and many more and played with them , but 99% of my time is alone on the server , by robbing and blowing stuff up , why? Because NO ONE JOINS THE GAME IF NO ONE IS IN IT , and I myself joined when I saw the server first time on the sa-mp list and saw like 5-6 players and I like servers with not alot of player , just a few 5 to 30 to maintain the lag , while I was getting score alone , i got over 500 score in 3 days , why? Because no one joins the game if it is empty , If I join the game , onther players who check the server will see that im online and join me , just like Luna , we never meet but when I spend time and teamed up we were 2 players and after that aaron joined to blow us then Curiosity then Robocop and wasaki , so my point is IF you can join the game , do it and everyone else will because they are not alone on the server , because its pretty fuckin' boring to talk to a fukin' Egg mate.

P.S. Excuse my bloody language mate.
             P.P.S. IM NOT BRITISH FOR FUCK SAKE!

Oh boy, i remember myself in the same situation xD. Was the only one + suicide back when it all started, we've been blowing the shit up all day + robbing. Taki one day said "When no one is ingame, no ony will join(fact) it's been pretty boring since you've got the same stuff to do, same robbery places etc. but yeah, some people never get bored by some stuff. (like me and my cs 1.6 addiction :S)

Offline GeeZee

• alias Bane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 10:12:07 pm »
What's up gangstas

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 06:22:39 pm »
What's up gangstas
Another lost soldier! We need you & The Ark back kicking criminal ass.

Offline StarScream

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 08:13:32 pm »
This is the reason I have been gone for so long. I do want to come back though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:15:14 pm by StarScream »