April 23, 2024, 06:24:20 pm

Author Topic: Anti Lag Shoot  (Read 6885 times)

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
Anti Lag Shoot
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:55:40 pm »
Well, a few days ago, I read in the SAMP forum that there was a function (OnPlayerGiveDamage) that could eliminate the need for lag shooting, it seemed to good to be true, but today I found that it is true, and it is used in many DM servers.

It determines whether the player damages a player (makes them bleed) on their client, this could be used to determine the damage given by the player and translate it over to the player who was shot.

Problem with this is that the player who was shot will see the bullet passing by them, but I think it's better this way.

EDIT: This could also be used to auto-ban for health hacks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:30:27 pm by Ratzu »

Offline Matt

• View Profile
Re: Anti Lag Shoot
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:57:21 pm »
Well, a few days ago, I read in the SAMP forum that there was a function (OnPlayerGiveDamage) that could eliminate the need for lag shooting, it seemed to good to be true, but today I found that it is true, and it is used in many DM servers.

It determines whether the player damages a player (makes them bleed) on their client, this could be used to determine the damage given by the player and translate it over to the player who was shot.

Problem with this is that the player who was shot will see the bullet passing by them, but I think it's better this way.

Nope! It is worst... Less skill and might aswell use Joypad then to Aim faster and to kill people faster? No point... You should use skill!

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 11:00:14 pm »
Shooting someone does take skill, certainly more than praying while you spray the air next to the person.

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 11:03:28 pm »
Shooting someone does take skill, certainly more than praying while you spray the air next to the person.
Shooting a Person takes less skill than Lag Shooting...
It is fun learning to lag shoot...
Keep the Lag Shooting Fool! :D

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:14:09 pm »
Not lag shooting is a lot funner. :<

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 05:00:31 am »
I think it'd be great not to have to lag shoot anymore! We won't hear the haters hate the laggers (Sylar :() anymore. On the other hand, I also think lag shooting takes skill and should be kept!

I'll go with removing the need for lag shooting anyway. :)

Offline spiderpig

• Everybody loves pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 09:22:33 am »
Lag shooting is part of the game. And give u skills of using weapons. Also usefull for other shooters hehe. But i think it should be kept as now. I have no problems with lag shooting hehe
[09:28.34] <Spiderpig> !say Did you guys know i am king?
[09:28.36] <%ECNR2> Spiderpig(IRC) Did you guys know i am king?
[09:28.46] <%ECNR1> [DISCONNECT] pEnd4r (5) Has left the server (Left)

suicide

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 10:40:44 am »
I already played in a server that no need lag shooting, I know that DM servers uses it, but you need to have a good host too (Fuck ya Volt host and pass to a better host).

Once we have a good host we only need a good Sync. But what's bad in it that any nawb player will now can kill you (It will support Deathmatching) :/

My point is keep lagshooting and if a player has more than 300ping you will not need to lag shoot him. Easy as that.

OldMan

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 11:11:23 am »

Nope! It is worst... Less skill and might aswell use Joypad then to Aim faster and to kill people faster? No point... You should use skill!
^^ I'm pretty sure that is considered hacking.
Besides lag shootings a lot easier in a joypad (right click and aim left/right a bit)

Lag shooting is part of the game. And give u skills of using weapons. Also usefull for other shooters hehe. But i think it should be kept as now. I have no problems with lag shooting hehe
The problem is within people with high ping. Many classify us as "unkillable" and such.

Shooting a Person takes less skill than Lag Shooting...
It is fun learning to lag shoot...
Keep the Lag Shooting Fool! :D

Like I said before, we keep it = increase of raging Western players.

But what's bad in it that any nawb player will now can kill you (It will support Deathmatching) :/
What, having guns already promote deathmatch and we would certainly not remove guns eh?

Conclusion, put it! SA-MP's main problem is lag shot and if we have a solution to fix it, then do it!

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 04:03:51 pm »
I find it baffling that you guys don't want to fix the main problem with SAMP.
If the SAMP Team fixes it in the next version you'll all be like "omg look at the sync" and praise the work of the samp team, because they fixed a problem in their game.
Now we have a solution at hand to put an end to the problem, and you guys reject it because shooting the air rather than the player is fun.

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »
I find it baffling that you guys don't want to fix the main problem with SAMP.
If the SAMP Team fixes it in the next version you'll all be like "omg look at the sync" and praise the work of the samp team, because they fixed a problem in their game.
Now we have a solution at hand to put an end to the problem, and you guys reject it because shooting the air rather than the player is fun.
agree with rats. Some people Internet is shit like mine.  I like the idea
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »
Also, when you're playing Call of Duty or something of the sort, you don't think "Man, I wish sync was bad so I couldn't shoot the player directly."
And people go all crazy when hitboxes are fucked up, so seriously, you cannot prefer bad sync over an accurate hit system.

EDIT: Holy shit. This could be used to put an end to db on foot. It can be used to determine whether the player who dealt damage was in a vehicle, and prevent the damage from being translated to the player. It could be used to end deathmatching as a whole (if you wanted to go crazy about it). You could determine whether the player who shot was raped, robbed, kidnapped, etc in the time limit, if he was not, the other player simply does not take any damage. Same with cops, if the player is white/yellow, no damage is taken.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:33:54 am by Ratzu »

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:12:05 am »
EDIT: Holy shit. This could be used to put an end to db on foot. It can be used to determine whether the player who dealt damage was in a vehicle, and prevent the damage from being translated to the player. It could be used to end deathmatching as a whole (if you wanted to go crazy about it). You could determine whether the player who shot was raped, robbed, kidnapped, etc in the time limit, if he was not, the other player simply does not take any damage. Same with cops, if the player is white/yellow, no damage is taken.

So I want to go ingame and mess around with Suicide and Nicky like I did before... Ooh right:| Damnit I can't no more... I haven't raped/robbed them and we are all Civilians...
Fun!

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 02:56:50 pm »

So I want to go ingame and mess around with Suicide and Nicky like I did before... Ooh right:| Damnit I can't no more... I haven't raped/robbed them and we are all Civilians...
Fun!

It was just a side idea, clearly. Less than that can be done, like just making so to the Drive-By detection.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:59:53 pm by Sylar »

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:06 pm »

Fun!

It was just a side idea, clearly. Less than that can be done, like just making so to the Drive-By detection.
Yeah, it was a side idea, I was just trying to say that much more could be done with OnPlayerGiveDamage than what I initially suggested.
You could just send a notice to admins that a player is deathmatching, but the db on foot is definitely a good idea.