April 29, 2024, 01:12:10 pm

Author Topic: Remap the Ireland gate  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Deadpros

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
Remap the Ireland gate
« on: May 07, 2013, 10:10:40 am »
Suggestion name: se topic

Description: I just saw rage's bug report on the current Ireland gate which gave me an idea why not remap it and make it look cooler, if I remember right the gate is as old as the first server with this game mode,

Reason for suggestion: the old one can be jumped over due to fail mapping (not to judge lol but it is)

How it benefits the server: no one can skip the toll by jumping over the gate. Haha
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

Offline GamerX

• View Profile
Re: Remap the Ireland gate
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:14:32 am »
Why not just remove it

Offline Deadpros

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:40 am »
I like the gate idea but remap it maybe look more like a toll then Gate and lower the price to 5k or something instead of 10k
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

Offline Tay_Zonday

• Plays DotA 2, CS 1.6 ,SAMP and few new games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 12:36:18 pm »
I have mixed feelings about the gate.

If I am a robber and happen to have gone to Ireland, then it becomes the bane of my existence I have to wait for a cop to come or cough up the money (which I hate doing).

But if I am a cop, it serves no purpose whatsoever the gate automatically opens and closes and adds the risk of criminals escaping due to me being near it.

So, I guess instead of removing the gate, just put something like 'Happy Hour' during which the gate is open forever and make it function normally other times.

It would be great if Happy Hour is during downtime with like 2 or 3 players who have never played on server before as it will allow them to see all the stuff the server has to offer (well mostly).
Also you can add some yellow text on top of screen say it's Happy Hour, go visit Ireland today!
Every rule there is has an exception.

Except this one.

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 04:03:23 am »
It would be great if Happy Hour is during downtime with like 2 or 3 players who have never played on server before as it will allow them to see all the stuff the server has to offer (well mostly).
Also you can add some yellow text on top of screen say it's Happy Hour, go visit Ireland today!

I actually like this idea. It could be when the server has around 5 - 10 players with score below 20 (or 50), and then there's an announcement about it. And I do support remapping the gate to look better. :-)