March 28, 2024, 03:03:26 pm

Author Topic: CM Punk vs The Undertaker(Storyline)  (Read 6446 times)

Offline Underated

• Soldier of the ERR
    • View Profile
CM Punk vs The Undertaker(Storyline)
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:56:26 pm »
I just wanted to see whether you guys agree or disagree on the way the WWE have used the death of the legendary manager William Moody(AKA Paul Bearer) to intensify the storyline between Punk and Taker.

I, myself don't really disagree with this, I believe it's a smart move for the WWE and I think I could say safely that Moody would have wanted the WWE to use him to add to a storyline and especially with the two competitors who are are involved in it, given Paul Bearer made Undertaker into one of the greatest in the history of the  WWE/WWF/WWWF lol.

I understand that Punk has ridiculed him on several occasions and I understand how some may class this as offensive to Moody and disrespectful to his legacy, but again I strongly believe that Bearer is happy that he's living on in our memory's, no matter how WWE are doing it.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:00:30 pm by Underated »

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
Re: CM Punk vs The Undertaker(Storyline)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:05:33 pm »
I can see why so many people are outraged by it. However I think as long as Moody's wife and kids have no issue with it than neither should anyone else. As you said it's helping everyone to remember his legacy.

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:56 am »
Well, CM Punk DM say that he didn't take the urn to disrespect Paul Bearer but he took it just because what it means to the undertaker because it means everything to the undertaker.

Honestly I still find it disrespectful towards Paul in a way. But I also think that using that urn is to get more hype for the match to take place at Wrestlemania, Meaning to get more and more people get attached to the match because of all that has taken place leading up to the match.

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 11:25:30 am »
That's obvious Aaron. :P

It has been succesful in building hype anyway, considering the fact we're discussing it right now. That's all any entertainment company wants, people talking about their product so that awareness and anticipation builds through word of mouth. The free form of advertising.