May 04, 2024, 12:26:36 am

Poll

Would you like Jim to go?

San Fierro and Las Venturas
Los Santos and Las Venturas
All (LS, SF, and LV)
Neither

Author Topic: Re-routing Jim! (the bus driver)  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Saw

• Bone County Fire Department
    • View Profile
Re-routing Jim! (the bus driver)
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:43 am »
What if Jim drove more carefully? What if Jim were to go to more destinations? Want to see were he is going while riding with him? Well here is a chance if you guys like this idea!

Jim will say messages that will say what his next destination will be from place to place.
EXAMPLE: "Now leaving LV Airport; Next stop is Four Dragons!"

Jim will dive a little bit more careful, he wont be hitting light poles and wont be hitting parked cars! (like the ones parked in front of Four Dragons) {He can still ram you if you get in front of him, lol, cant fix that! :P}

Since there are more places in LV he will be heading to more destinations around the town. He will now be heading to the gate of Ireland instead of the beginning of the bridge, he will make a stop near the Warehouse, and so on.

I want to know your ideas of what you would like Jim to do and what you like and don't like about my idea's. I also have to give credit to Aaron for some of the ideas, so, Thank you Aaron! <3 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:32:59 am by Saw »

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
Re: Re-routing Jim! (the bus driver)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:02:29 am »
When riding with Jim, a message will show saying were his next destination is. like, "Jim is now leaving LV Airport; Next stop, Four Dragons!" something like that.
That's a great idea!

Longer routes: He can start going to a couple places in SF and possibly LS. This way he wont be ramming us :P and also so if we want to take Jim to SF he will head there.
I wouldn't say take him all the way into San Fierro or Los Santos, but just stop at the entrance.

Ireland: when he pulls up to the bridge to Ireland, he should go up to the gate instead of the beginning of the bridge. There is enough room to turn around with out wrecking the bus
He should ram into the toll booth (sideways) to stop!

The only other idea is to make him were he isn't crashing into parked cars, like the ones in front of 4D. and also light poles. so basically redoing him so he drives more "Professional", being more careful when he makes turns and stopping before he wrecks parked cars.
Jim is known as the drunk bus driver, so no. I'd say make him drive even more recklessly. :)

Also, this is a suggestion; not an update on what's in the next version. Just saying, because of the way Saw has put everything in, as if it's already done. lol

Offline Saw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:11:36 am »
Also, this is a suggestion; not an update on what's in the next version. Just saying, because of the way Saw has put everything in, as if it's already done. lol

Sorry! :P

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 07:54:16 am »
Definitely agree. Also, Wataki should record the bot :P

CrossUSAAF

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:29:12 am »
I'm just wondering, why the Jim would like to go to Los Santos, or San Fierro, because there isn't so much to do like rob able places? But I Agree that scriptors may re-record the NPCs. Jim is like a Las Venturas terrorist. Route messages can be little bit difficult and if it's possible, they should be sent only for players that are inside in the Bus to avoid the spam.

Offline Saw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 09:28:10 pm »
I said while riding jim messages would show. and Ratzu, I was wondering if I can re-route the bus :D Please!!???

Offline Saw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 04:09:59 am »
I'm no expert, but I don't think we can stop him from hitting cars, we could make it so he doesn't hit cars that haven't been moved, but once a player moves a car, I don't think there's a way that Jim can be prevented from hitting it if it stands in his route.

I think it would also be cool if he stopped at the actual bus stops in GTA SA, just to make it seem more realistic.

And I know if a car gets in his way he will ram it, and yes stopping at actual bus stops is a good idea :D

maadendan

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 06:10:29 pm »
good ideas saw