May 05, 2024, 07:26:54 pm

Author Topic: Proposed Jail Sentences  (Read 2893 times)

Offline WatakiWatako

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
Proposed Jail Sentences
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:08:56 am »
Shown below is a graph of the proposed jail sentence durations.

Graph of Wanted Level (X) against Sentence Duration (Y)
Wanted Level - Measured in increments
Sentence Duration - Measured in minutes

(Please click the image to enlarge it!)

It's a direct relationship between the Wanted Level and Jail Time.
Note that players can't actually be jailed until after wanted level 4, this constitutes a minimum sentence of 36 seconds. Scaling up to 15 minutes at wanted level 100. The graph could be extended further regardless of the wanted level.

With this formula, the criminals get exactly what they deserve. It's harsh and that's the way I want it to be. The price of being arrested should be high if the crimes are of great extent. Therefore, it's up to the player to ensure that they are not arrested.

Additionally, players who are entitled to a sentence upwards of four minutes cannot evade the penalty by death. They will be jailed regardless.

Hopefully you approve. Given that this server is a "light RPG server" I intend to follow through with the suitable specifications.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 12:15:05 am by WatakiWatako »
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline Matt

• View Profile
Re: Proposed Jail Sentences
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:12:16 am »
I do think in a way that is a bit to harsh seeing as I wouldn't sit ingame if I was in Jail for 15Minutes... But if you would like it really Harsh then sure go ahead... I just go on IRC whilst I wait to get out of jail...

So in total:
I think it is a bit harsh waiting that long in jail... I would prefer Death... Either drop them all down by some minutes or I just stay on IRC whilst in jail xD

Offline WatakiWatako

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:16:49 am »
My opposition to that would be that typical wanted levels (between 0 and 20) for example, constitute a maximum sentence duration of three minutes. As you can see from the graph :P

The point is, by the time your each level 100 on this server, your profits will be massive unless you're just killing people.
* WatakiWatako whoops... Nearly dropped a hint lol
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, and thinking what nobody has thought.

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:20:33 am »
My opposition to that would be that typical wanted levels (between 0 and 20) for example, constitute a maximum sentence duration of three minutes. As you can see from the graph :P

The point is, by the time your each level 100 on this server, your profits will be massive unless you're just killing people.
* WatakiWatako whoops... Nearly dropped a hint lol

So you are saying if there is robbing etc... You won't get as much wanted level anymore?... Well more you hide stuff more it is hard to answer.. We do not know how to get the Wanted Level etc...?If you are saying the Typical Wanted Level is between 0 - 20 because we all know the Typical Wanted Level on ECNR is 50 - 100... Normally That is how I am thinking?:S

Offline WatakiWatako

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 12:23:20 am »
So you are saying if there is robbing etc... You won't get as much wanted level anymore?... Well more you hide stuff more it is hard to answer.. We do not know how to get the Wanted Level etc...?If you are saying the Typical Wanted Level is between 0 - 20 because we all know the Typical Wanted Level on ECNR is 50 - 100... Normally That is how I am thinking?:S

Good point. I will continue to with hold information for the time being.
All I'm saying is that they wanted levels are intentionally brutal. It'll make sense after the release.

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 12:24:50 am »

Good point. I will continue to with hold information for the time being.
All I'm saying is that they wanted levels are intentionally brutal. It'll make sense after the release.

Soo then nobody can really say if it is good or not unless you really say how the Wanted Levels are going to be? Since nobody really knows how we going get wanted and how easy or hard it will be to get wanted... So I suggest Spill some Beans or Lock the Topic... :)

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 01:28:58 am »
It'll make sense after the release.

Then there's no choice but to agree. Anyway, you're WatakiWatako! I'm sure it'll be great.

Dropped a hint? So you're probably making it according to robberies/kills?.. The more the kills, the more the time. The more the robberies, the more the profit, and lesser the time..?