March 29, 2024, 07:51:40 am

Poll

Should Equivalent Exchange condensers be brought back?

Yes, bring them back.
5 (71.4%)
No, don't bring them back.
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Equivalent Exchange Condensers  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
Equivalent Exchange Condensers
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:21:43 am »
Let me start off by explaining what condensers are: A condenser is basically an enormous chest made of diamonds and obsidian which can be surrounded by collectors and relays in order to convert light energy into EMC, and EMC into matter. EMC is the value of matter, for example, dirt is 1 EMC, diamonds are 8,192 EMC, tungsten is twice that amount, dark matter is 17 diamonds a piece, and red matter is 57 diamonds a piece. Now that we've put things into perspective, allow me to elaborate on the generation of matter, a full blown energy flower (a mixture of red matter relays and red matter collectors) can produce about 20 stacks of diamonds in 12 hours, however; take into account that it takes roughly around 2160 diamonds to make one of these. Also, twenty stacks of diamonds is barely anything in terms of Equivalent Exchange, where every item is extremely expensive and requires vast amounts of work.

Condensers are an essential part of Equivalent Exchange and not having them is an extreme pain as the efficiency of the process is decreased tenfold, since 4 collectors around a chest is the closest you can get to an energy flower, which is about 8 times as efficient as the former.

Wataki has allowed us to have a vote on whether or not condensers should be banned from the server.

TL;DR: Read the damn post, you lazy fuck.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:31:57 am by Ratzu »

Offline Kongregate

• EGCM Administration
  • Revenge is a dish best served cold
    • View Profile
Re: Equivalent Exchange Condensers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:18:18 pm »
I vote no, since its too Overpowered and some people don't know how to handle it.

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »
It doesn't explode or cause any damage at all, it's not like a nuclear reactor. If they don't want it, they don't use it, it's pretty simple.

burekhunter

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:06:17 pm »
Put it back for sure! Its a lot of fun and theres some items that are just too cool to overlook.
Personally EE is my fav mod and i really know a lot about it. Lot of people thinks that EE is OP but it takes AGES and SKILL to get to that stage. +1 for bringing it back!

Unvicious

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:07:52 am »
I argree with the condensers and i think its a very good idea to bring them back since  u still need to know  how to "make it usefull".