May 04, 2024, 09:20:26 am

Author Topic: IG CHANGE NAME AND REGISTER SYSTEM  (Read 2970 times)

Kevin

IG CHANGE NAME AND REGISTER SYSTEM
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:27:21 am »
IG CHANGE NAME AND REGISTER SYSTEM
Description: Lets say the player enters with a name thats already registered. To make it eazyer for the player to play there will be a button located below on the login dialog, when the player clicks the bottom that will show a dialog for the player that will allow them to change there name then register and then play. :D

Reason for suggestion: Cooler and faster playing.

How it benefits the server: It will be better the server.

I made a system like this, when you enter a invalid character like ! it will say invalid character. use [a-z, A-Z, 0-9] if the nickname is already registered it will say The nickname Kevin is already registered. try again, if you exceed the MAX_CHARACTERS it will give you a message You have exceeded the max characters [3-20] and every time when a player changes his name it is always successfuly. If you don't know how to make this Script i will be happy to make it for you guys.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:42:08 am by Kevin »

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
Re: IG CHANGE NAME AND REGISTER SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:52:45 am »
Good suggestion, I don't disagree with it, But we as admins have this command /namechange id that gives the player wanting a name change permission to change it, They can do /changename newname and that will change the name for them. Without them even having to relog.

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Amombob

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:55:34 am »
For me : -1 Dissaggre
Reson : Change name make your friend dont know you this will be confuse etc.

Offline Deadpros

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:55:25 am »
I still think admin should be able to give you access for name change, like bob said it can be confusing and if the player etc owns a house and the name needs to be changed and it will be more work for enigma, and this can also be abused. So -1
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:44:28 am »
For me : -1 Dissaggre
Reson : Change name make your friend dont know you this will be confuse etc.
Limitations can be put up to prevent people from constantly changing names. (As in once a month, max 3 name changes a year.)
I'm kinda in dubio about this suggestion, one side it could work out... But it won't neccesarily work out lol.

Offline Deadpros

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 11:14:46 am »
I agree with dazzler tho a limit if name change so it prevents abuse. Like once a month or more . :)
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:03 am »
I think you guys don't understanding what i mean.

I mean when a player that is NOT REGISTERED enters the server with a NICKNAME THATS ALREADY REGISTERED there will be a button that will allow them to click on and it will show a box for the player to change the NICKNAME THATS ALREADY REGISTERED, then when they CHANGE THE NICKNAME ALREADY REGISTERED to their desired nickname the will be able to REGISTER THEIR NEW ACCOUNT, then after registering the will be able to play WITHOUT EVEN LEAVING THE SERVER!.

-_-

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 08:07:03 am »
I think you guys don't understanding what i mean.

I mean when a player that is NOT REGISTERED enters the server with a NICKNAME THATS ALREADY REGISTERED there will be a button that will allow them to click on and it will show a box for the player to change the NICKNAME THATS ALREADY REGISTERED, then when they CHANGE THE NICKNAME ALREADY REGISTERED to their desired nickname the will be able to REGISTER THEIR NEW ACCOUNT, then after registering the will be able to play WITHOUT EVEN LEAVING THE SERVER!.

-_-

Ahhh that seems a good idea then. I do not know if it's possible tho, but my guess is that it's possible.
Also word of advice.... DONT GO like this AND THIS... it's annoying as fudges

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 03:50:28 am »
sorry for THIS and THAT.

Anyway it is posible made it my self, its a little complicated but works great and successfully every time.

Amombob

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 05:49:25 pm »
First off all Kevin Trun of your caps is annoy me
and iam still think -1 ...

Offline Quit

• EGCM Administration
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 05:50:18 pm »
I agree its good suggestion