April 18, 2024, 10:35:15 pm

Author Topic: ECNR Administrator Applications  (Read 23337 times)

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
ECNR Administrator Applications
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:07:53 pm »
As of 24/05/2012 you have the chance to be ECNR's first administrator chosen after it's creation!

Some words of advice to help increase your chances of becoming an administrator in ECNR:
Try be as active in game, on the forums & IRC as possible. Why would we chose someone that's not around a lot?

Make helpful posts & topics on the forum, to inform or help players.

Be an active member of the community, get to know all the players and ECNR's background as a whole.

Use correct grammar, people can only see what you type, so that's how their forming their opinion of you, if you want to be respected, grammar is the first step, it's the first thing anyone sees.

Try be as mature, understanding, and partial as possible in any and all situations.

Never lose your calm, a calm administrator is a Raven.

Never, Ever let pride or Ego become an issue.

Treat every player with respect and how you would wish to be treated.

Use the following format to apply:
Code: [Select]
Name In Game:
Occupation/Student (If Neither, say so.):
What languages do you speak? (If not fluent in one, say so.):
Do you know any coding languages?:
How long have you been a part of SA-MP?:
How long have you been a member of the EGC Community?:
Are you a member of any other EGC Games etc, apart from ECNR? (If none available leave blank):
What can you bring to the ECNR Administration Team?:
What sets you apart from other players?:
Are you willing to put pride & ego aside to benefit ECNR At every turn?:
What is your reasons for wanting to be an ECNR Administrator?:

How Active Are You? Give your approx hours per day, for example:
Monday: 2PM-10PM GMT. [u][b]Ensure all times are in GMT Format.[/b][/u]

Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:
Each and every application will be looked through and given the time it deserves. Do NOT Ask me have I seen your application or what I think of it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:13:07 pm by Enigma »

Offline RoboCop

• Bone County Sheriff-Coroner
  • Head Of Security
  • Bone County Emergency Services Manager
    • View Profile
Re: ECNR Administrator Applications
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:41 pm »
Name In Game: Max
Nationality: American
Occupation/Student: Technical Support Analyst/Systems & Network Support student
What languages do you speak? (If not fluent in one, say so.): English
Do you know any coding languages?:
How long have you been a part of SA-MP?: 3 years
How long have you been a member of the EGC Community?: Since inception
Are you a member of any other EGC Games etc, apart from ECNR? (If none available leave blank):
What can you bring to the ECNR Administration Team?: Honesty and dedication, a strong drive to ensure that quality and common sense is meted by administration.
What sets you apart from other players?: I'm easy to associate with, it's very hard to genuinely offend me, and I like to mentor others.
Are you willing to put pride & ego aside to benefit ECNR At every turn?: Yes
What is your reasons for wanting to be an ECNR Administrator?: Having been a SA-MP server administrator before for the last two years, I'd like to continue my career with a new server, helping to foster its awakening into the envy of the top lists, and of course uphold the standards set forth by the management.

Monday: 2PM-10PM GMT. Ensure all times are in GMT Format.

Monday: 3 PM-9 PM GMT
Tuesday:3 PM-9 PM GMT
Wednesday: 3 PM-9 PM GMT
Thursday: 3 PM-9 PM GMT
Friday: 3 PM-9 PM GMT
Saturday: 3 PM-3 AM GMT
Sunday: 3 PM-9 PM GMT

Please note that because I get a floating day off (aside from Saturday which is my static day off), availability on certain days may be extended past these stated times.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »
Name In Game: Raven
Nationality: Greek/American
Occupation/Student: Baseball blogger/Sports journalism college student
What languages do you speak? (If not fluent in one, say so.): Greek, English, French and a tiny bit of Spanish
Do you know any coding languages?: In reality, no
How long have you been a part of SA-MP?: 5 years
How long have you been a member of the EGC Community?: Since day 1
What can you bring to the ECNR Administration Team?: Dedication, hard work and experience
What sets you apart from other players?: Probably the fact that I'm open to anyone talking or even arguing, if it comes to that, with me. I don't look down on players ever and I'm always there when needed to assist with a situation
What is your reasons for wanting to be an ECNR Administrator?: I believe there's plenty of things I can offer with my experience and the will I have to get this community to the top

Contact me in a PM

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:47:40 pm »
Rodriguez, how can you be available them times if you're in school?

Stevo127

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:35 pm »
We are still in need of Administrators. So, if you would keep those applications coming in, it would be great :)

Ms_Understood

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »
Name In Game: Ms_Understood
Nationality: Irish
Occupation/Student (If Neither, say so.):Student
What languages do you speak? (If not fluent in one, say so.): English, bit of Spanish and Irish.
Do you know any coding languages?: no
How long have you been a part of SA-MP?: Since ECNR's inception
How long have you been a member of the EGC Community?:From the very start
What can you bring to the ECNR Administration Team?: someone to rely on , you'll b safe with me, help players to the best of my ability, new ideas etc
What sets you apart from other players?: the obvious I'm a girl but other than that , i work hard at what i like and I'm very reliable.
Are you willing to put pride & ego aside to benefit ECNR At every turn?: yes
What is your reasons for wanting to be an ECNR Administrator?: i would like to help new comers and i would like to be part of this team :)

APPROX:
Monday: 12PM-4PM
Tuesday: 12PM-4PM
Wednesday: 12PM-4PM
Thursday:12PM-4PM
Friday: 2PM-6PM
Saturday: 2PM-6PM
Sunday: 12PM-4PM

suicide

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »
Name In Game: Su1side (Ignore grammar mistake since my nickname Suicide was password changed O.o)
Nationality: Israeli
Occupation/Student (If Neither, say so.): Army O.o
What languages do you speak? (If not fluent in one, say so.): English,Hebrew,Arabic,Spanish
Do you know any coding languages?: A little bit of Pawno
How long have you been a part of SA-MP?: 5 years
How long have you been a member of the EGC Community?: 2days O.o but I was in the past a lot of time (Before this was excist)
What can you bring to the ECNR Administration Team?: 1.better server, 2. loyalty 3. experince, 4. sexy looking
What sets you apart from other players?: I was admin in 8 other servers including owner, I got a lot of exprince and know to deal in rulebreakers,hackers and all near this stuff.
What is your reasons for wanting to be an ECNR Administrator?: I want to help, and yea it's my main goal :D to help

How Active Are You? Give your approx hours per day, for example: 6 hours maybe less because army and gym

GMT +2

Monday: 14:30 - 20:00
Tuesday: 14:30 - 20:00
Wednesday: 14:30 - 20:00
Thursday:14:30 - 20:00
Friday: 14:30 - 20:00
Saturday: 14:30 - 20:00
Sunday: 14:30 - 20:00

There are times I will have to go but it's only when it's not expected since army don't wait for me to be free.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:52:52 pm by suicide »

Mean

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:30:00 pm »
Name In Game:Mean
Nationality:Serbian
Occupation/Student (If Neither, say so.):Neither
What languages do you speak? (If not fluent in one, say so.): English,Serbian,Bosnian,Croatian,German(a little)..
Do you know any coding languages?: No,I'm learning
How long have you been a part of SA-MP?:err..4 years
How long have you been a member of the EGC Community?: To be honest,1 day(But i really like server)
What can you bring to the ECNR Administration Team?:Friendly,hard working and helpful administarting on first place..
What sets you apart from other players?:I'm really mature,dedicated,helpful and active person..
Are you willing to put pride & ego aside to benefit ECNR At every turn?:Yes
What is your reasons for wanting to be an ECNR Administrator?:I got much expirience in admin job and SA-MP generally,I know it's hard and i'm ready for it..

How Active Are You? Give your approx hours per day, for example:Really active,5-6 hours :3

Monday:6 PM-11 PM GMT
Tuesday: 6 PM-11PM GMT
Wednesday:6 PM-11 PM GMT
Thursday:6 PM-11 PM GMT
Friday: 6 PM-11PM GMT
Saturday:6 PM-11 PM GMT
Sunday:6 PM-11PM GMT

Johhny_oxfnord

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 06:05:30 pm »
Basic Information Questions:
In-Game Name(Or Previous Names): Johnny_Oxfnord.
Your Real Life Age: 17
Timezone(GMT): GMT+2

Basic Valhalla Gaming Questions:
When did you begin or join Valhalla Gaming:
I first joined vG in August 2008, it was the first server I ever visited. Of course I understood absolutely nothing about Roleplay, so I wasn't active from the very first experience, also my English wasn't good enough back then for proper Roleplay.

How did you find out about Valhalla Gaming:
I believe I found vG from the SAMP hosted tab, not 100 percent sure but still I think that's the way I found this spectacular community.

Are you active in-game, forums and on Ventrilo:
Yes I am, checking forums every time I access a computer, visiting Ventrilo when I'm in a computer with Ventrilo and coming ingame if I'm at home with no other plans such as going to gym.

How long have you been playing on our SA-MP RP Server:
As I said I started in August '08, I've had my ups and downs, mostly I gave up because of lack of motivation and some troubles in real life, however, I can assure you that an Administrator position will most definitely boost my motivation way up and I will have absolutely no excuse for quitting again. I am absolutely sure about that. I am now settled and not even thinking about moving away from the community again. Don't get me wrong though, I haven't left vG for another community, I have simply given up on SAMP before. Won't happen this time!

What is your daily gaming schedule on Valhalla(Ex: How many hours do you play,check forums etc):
I check the forums every time I access a computer, I even check the forums from my iPad at school. So yeah, pretty active on forums, however, I don't post much. I like to read and if I think it's necessary I will comment, but I generally stick to just reading. I play pretty much always when I'm at a computer with SAMP on it and I'm not really such a busy person in real life, so it would be about 4-5 hours per day, or 25-35 hours per week. Will be even more in summer time as I will be going out of my home place to work, with nothing to do after work.

Basic Background Questions:
Have you ever been warned in-game(If so, what for?):
I have had a warn in-game at 2009 or 2010, not sure. It was on my old account Jimmy Fife, because I was kind of bothering an admin in PM. Can't recall the admin's name. Anyway I understand my mistake and it definitely won't happen again, also as it was 2-3 years ago I was alot more immature, I have learned from my mistake and that won't happen again.

Have you been banned from the server(If so, what for?):
I did have a few days of ban back in 2010 probably, when I was ingame, PMing with Dino Rao about the old times. Somehow we started to discuss about my old community, which was not even online at that time, I suddenly got banned by Bobby Light for advertising. I sorted it out with Bobby a few days later and got unbanned, I understand what I did wrong, even though I wasn't directly advertising I shouldn't have discussed other communities. Again, it was such a long time ago and I hope that I have been forgiven for my mistake.

Have you ever been apart of another RP Community(If so, what community?):
I have to admit I have, when vG had a downtime in 2010 I think, then I owned my own SAMP community. The vG downtime was a few weeks long and had something to do with server shipping I think. Anyway, my community didn't last very long as it took a lot of effort to keep it up and as I was the only scripter and the one that could maintain databases, then I closed down the server about after one month of uptime. Also I've been a part of a minor estonian community, which was back in '08/'09, because I wasn't really good enough in english to Roleplay properly.

Have you been an Administrator on another SA-MP Server before(If so, for how long?):
I have indeed been an Administrator, I was an Admin on my own community. Even though that might not be such a good thing, then I'm sure it gave me a lot of experience on how to manage a community and teamwork, as well as it gave me experience in Admin duties. As I was the scripter, database manager and a regular admin-duty filler in my server I gained a lot of knowledge from it, I know pretty well how the systems in SAMP work and how some problems might occur/how to get rid of them. I was also an Admin in the local, non-international server which I played at in '08/'09, I also learned a lot from there as I started off at a Game-Master similiar duty and ended up as the Co-Owner. I split up with the community at late 2009 and haven't been involved in that afterwards.

SA-MP Administration Questions:
Why do you want to become a SA-MP Administrator:
As I've been a vG member for a really, really long time, I've seen the community go through alot - The high times, the low times, the downtimes, everything. vG has taught me to Roleplay, taught me a lot of maturity and I've experienced a lot in here, so I'd like to finally give back the huge contribution I owe to this community. I also want to help people out as I really like to do that. I want to show my dedication to the community, so if I was accepted to the Admin team, I would perform at my best to do whatever it takes to make vG an even better place. As the vG Adminteam is the best I can possibly imagine, then it would be a huge privilege to be a part of this great team and I'm sure I would learn some excellent new things from the other members of the Admin team.
I think I can personally make a difference in our SAMP server population. As I have experience with my old community, I have a fair bit of knowledge of how to please clients and how to attract them to come back. As the server population is already growing right now, then if I was accepted to the Admin team, I would commit myself to attracting as many players as possible to stick around and rejoin vG if they are new.

In your own views and words, what do you think a SA-MP Administrator does, and what his/her duties are:
SA-MP Administrators are generally the ones maintaining the SAMP server, contributing a lot of time to keep the server enjoyable for customers and keeping the hackers and bug-abusers away. As there's a rank structure in the Admin team, each rank has their unique responsebilities. The main duty of the Administrators is to keep an eye on Roleplay, make sure nobody tries to be a superman and agrees to go down if they're the loosing one, say, being robbed or getting arrested. As that's an essential part of Roleplay which is kind of painful, a lot of people don't let this happen to them and start to act very badly if they become the ones loosing. An Admin has to keep an eye on that and respond to the reports that involve players like that. Surely, another part of roleplay that needs looking after is the way people drive as it's not really often as it should be. Another part of Admin duty is, of course, making sure that newcomers to the server aren't robbed or being overkilled in any other way. Admins also have to make sure any bugs aren't being abused. Higher-up Administrators take care of account issues or any other issues that require an access to certain commands and take a much larger part of server maintaining more directly. For example, those administrators would be taking care of setting stats or such high-responsible duties. The top-class Administrators have their own unique responsebilities, which I don't really know but they're like the heads of Factions, head of Economy I presume etc.

What would you bring to the server and team, if chosen as a SA-MP Administrator:As I concider myself very helpful by nature, not only in-game, but in real life aswell, I think I would be a great addition to the Admin-team. I would completely commit myself to my admin-duties if needed and do my best in any way I can. I would also help out some of the new players if they need any guides or anything as I really like to just show people around and such. As I'm a senior member of vG I know how things have been in the past and that should be an advantage, I know how things work around here. I have my experience from the other servers which will definitely be of use, I know what attracts people to a server and what can be done to make them more involved in the community. I also have some technical knowledge of how SAMP works, so I know why some issues might occur or how to get rid of them. I have some script-wise information and if needed then I would be glad to help out in that area aswell. From my own server times I also have the experience of how to do teamwork properly and how to benefit from that. I believe I could adapt to the teamwork here and perhaps even add a little bit to that. In conclusion, I think the server and the Adminteam would benefit from my attitude, helpfulness, friendliness, experience, technical knowledge and teamwork experience.

Why should Valhalla select you to be a SA-MP Administrator, over anyone else:I think I possess the qualities needed for being an Administrator, as I'm extremely friendly, helpful, determined and hard-working. I think I'm also very active so I would bring a great bit of work with me. I know what the players like and how to satisfy them, making them want to come back. With my attitude I believe I would leave a good impression of the Adminteam as a whole. I believe my experience here in vG may cost quite alot as not many people are still around from the '08. I would call as many reports as I could to make the best of my online time for the sake of the server, I know I can push myself to do better when I'm nicely motivated and that motivation is what being promoted to an Administrator would definitely increase by alot. I possess the technical knowledge of how SAMP works and the scripts and also why some errors/bugs occur or how they can be eliminated. I think I would be a good example for players in terms of Roleplay as well at the times I am not on Adminduty, anyway, I would sacrifice a lot of time to do the Admin duties. I want other people to have fun aswell. I can neither be pissed off easily which is, by my experience, really needed in the Administration as there surely will be some tough cases were people are having a hard time understanding/co-operating.

How would you assist us in fixing and to maintain the SA-MP Server as an Administrator:
I would assist maintaining the SAMP server by calling as many reports as I can to help out players. I would take care everybody keeps roleplaying and I won't hesistate to punish anybody if needed. I would treat everybody the same. I do not like to punish people hard though, I think the most important thing is that people understand what they've done wrong and learn from it. I would do anything it takes to make vG an even better place. With my positive attitude and friendly, helpful approach I would leave a good impression of the server to the players by helping them. I would make sure people are having fun and are enjoying their time in our server as that's what is needed for people to come back to vG the next time. As I have the technical knowledge of SAMP I could spot some bugs and have ideas on how to fix them or maybe propose new approaches to some systems. I can even help out with scripting, if needed.

Do you consider yourself a helpful person, and someone who can work under pressure. If so, how?I definitely concider myself as a very helpful person. I'm not only helpful in-game, but in real life aswell. I hate to see people have a bad time or not enjoy themselves. I really like communicating with people and make sure they feel well and aren't bothered by something that can be fixed. Back in the times when I owned my own server, even though there were other Administrators online to help people if needed, I still called all the reports as I enjoyed helping people out even though I didn't directly have to. So yeah, helping is something I really like to do and that's the main reason I'm applying to become an Administrator.
About working under pressure - I think that working under pressure is definitely a little bit harder than in regular situations, but I think I cope with it quite well. I work as a part-time mechanic during summer time and I'm not really a mechanic by my education, so I have a lot of responsebility on my shoulders as I am trusted with some parts of the work and people count on me to finish the work at a set time, so that would be a little bit of working under pressure and I can't deny - it does affect me a little bit but I think I generally cope with it quite well. I've never been broken by the pressure and I've always managed to get my job done. Basically the way I see it - If you're short on time, for example, then don't start to rush but take a little bit of time to think about it first because rushing it could cause things to very badly wrong.        (I USED VG BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME)
-Johnny_Oxfnord

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »
//Removed the huge quote to minimize the amount of crap here

This is ECNR of the Enigmatic Gaming Community. The fact that you don't have the time to fill out a form as short as this shows you don't qualify. You applied for administrator position with the copy of a form you filled for the same position on another gaming community thus showing irresponsibility, lack of knowledge of basic rules that you'll find on every server you join, lack of sense in that manner. Being an administrator is a huge responsibility. An administrator needs to be thorough with the rules. But more importantly, the brains department. Common sense. An administrator must have time for his duty, - you being unable to fill out the form for the position, broke a major rule - advertising (somewhat) - and I believe advertising calls for a permanent ban (maybe not in this case). Although I know this post isn't completely necessary, I felt I should clear a few points.

Judging from this post:

Hi dude's i loose the ip pls help me.

-Johnny_Oxfnord.
It seems to me that you copied someone else's administrator application. Yes, judging by your grammar in the above quote, and the grammar in your administrator application, you've clearly used someone else's application form, not to mention searching for one takes a little bit of time, probably enough time to fill out the form given here, proving your words to be lies. I'll let those in charge take it from here.

Reflex

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:15 pm »
Name In Game:Reflex

Nationality:English

Occupation/Student (If Neither, say so.):Student

What languages do you speak? (If not fluent in one, say so.):English

Do you know any coding languages?:C# | VB | Java (little) | HTML | CSS

How long have you been a part of SA-MP?: 2 years or so.

How long have you been a member of the EGC Community?: Since the start. I am well known by some members, and growing with others.

Are you a member of any other EGC Games etc, apart from ECNR? (If none available leave blank): Nope but hope to if the opportunity arises.

What can you bring to the ECNR Administration Team?: I will bring innovation to the team. Fresh ideas and good creativity. I am dedicated and always stride to do better in whatever I do. Also I have a good understanding of the rules.

What sets you apart from other players?: I am easily approachable and can communicate with any player regardless of their age. I can interact with a variety of people and use good grammar to help others. I am always keen to make sure people get along so it can help build a stronger community.

Are you willing to put pride & ego aside to benefit ECNR At every turn?: Absolutely. I will always prioritize the role itself over everything else that needs doing.

What is your reasons for wanting to be an ECNR Administrator?: I believe that because the server is just starting up, you need good characters who are well organised, friendly and willing to benefit the server. I believe I can do all of the above. As server owners you do not have time to focus on banning, and modulating the server to make sure everyone enjoys their time here, so I am more than happy to step up to the mark.

How Active Are You? Give your approx hours per day, for example: Due to college being a major priority in my life I have had a set back on being around. Now that I have successfully completed my work and achieved good grades, I have more time for the server. I think I can go with 2-4 hours daily while being active on IRC all day or the majority of the day. This means I can really help clamp down on hackers etc. As well as improving everybody's game experience.

The times will include my activity daily for everything (IRC + in-game)