April 18, 2024, 10:41:45 am

Author Topic: Sex and Drugs and Rock n' roll  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Curiosity

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rudeboy!
    • View Profile
Sex and Drugs and Rock n' roll
« on: November 08, 2013, 06:46:08 pm »
With emphasis on the drugs.

Anyways, I think the drug system atm is rather plain, flawed and basically useless. It has so much potential to mix things up a little, adding a strategical money making solution instead of the damn robberies! The scale of implementation could be from simply adding weed production to redesigning the whole system!

I'm not sure if any of you watch Breaking Bad, alot of people do and that would appeal greatly to new players and set us aside from other servers.

Aaand one final thing, In no way am I saying this is how it has to be, I am merely presenting a mass of ideas that need to be combined by the community, think of this as a group of bones that need to be assembled to create the skeleton.

# This was meant to be the tl;dr version.. I shall just call it the "Trimmed" version. #
# Be warned, it's fucking long.                                                                      #

Weed

Mainly aimed at new/intermediate players due to the costs involved

- Low upfront costs
- Low profit
- Low risk

Mechanics

- Weed is produced by a Producer ( Or can be included in the Drug Dealer class )
        # Produced by purchasing seeds and planting them, wait for em to grow and then get weed!
- The weed can then be sold to the smack shack for a flat rate price OR sold straight to the dealer at a higher price

- The Dealer can still buy drugs from the smack shack but there is now an incentive to buy straight from the dealer

This opens up new opportunities : -

1) The producer creates the weed, there is nobody to sell to so they can sell straight to the shack and gain a decent
   profit
2) The Producer creates the weed, a dealer needs weed, the dealer buys the weed for a higher price than the smack shack sells for
3) The Producer produces the weed, decides to flog it himself and gets the most profit

For this to work the Smack shack should buy weed for around ?30 and sell for around ?60, thus allowing the producer to undercut the shack and provide the dealer. While the dealer also gets it cheaper, so it's a win win situation which should encourage player interaction.

Production

This could use some work.

The general mechanics of production could be you buy seeds, plant them, and you get 1g per second, or a set ammount of weed per second for a certain amount of time, E.G the seeds have to be harvested within 2 minutes or you lose all of the crop.

1) Set areas could be marked and then used to plant seeds in, like an allotment.. just for weed though.
2) You can plant seeds anywhere, it will place a marker down and you get your weed from that
3) I don't know.

Problemos

- The Dealer still has a pretty shit job, and is flawed in the same way as before, if nobody wants drugs; you're
  fucked.  Possible solutions : - Increase demand for drugs somehow, increased benefits etc
                                - Introduce Drug missions, where you deliver drugs to bot ai's
                                Neither are perfect however both should help cultivate a new money source that
                                is more
                                flexible, giving you more options. E.G The Missions would be superior to other
                                classes 
                                due to the player being able to deliver there own drugs for the highest profit, buy
                                from producers for O.K profit and buy from the smack shack when nobody is
                                available
                                for the least profit.

- Unless the prices are nailed It would be a pretty useless method as the effort required would be much 
  greater than
  just going to a store and pressing a button.

Raids

This can add competitiveness, being able to destroy someone elses crop, and take the money for yourself!

Meth

Where the big boys play!

- Higher upfront costs
- Higher profit margins
- You'll have Wagner on your ass!

Using the same kind of system as above except it is more geared for intermediate/late game players.

And an added bonus of appealing to the mass of breaking bad fans ( I bet none of you watch it just to prove me wrong ) while also setting us apart from other servers giving people a reason to come, and more importantly stay!

How this would be implemented .. I have no fucking idea.

Actually I have 3, but no idea if they would work or not.

Production

You buy the ingredients and COOK! Easy as that!

1) Keeping with the Breaking Bad theme, Camper A vehicles could double up as a portable meth lab, which is where you would do the cooking!
2) A set point on the map would become the meth lab being shared by all the players
3) Each player would buy there own plot/land/house which would contain the operation

Pro's/Con's of each

1) Pro's - It appeals to breaking bad fans, good stuff!
         - It still adds competitiveness, with people being able to raid your lab
   Con's - GG Coder
2) Pro's - Probably the least amount of work
   Con's - Would be difficult/impossible to raid other peoples labs
         - GG Coder
3) Pro's - The most substantial of the 3
         - Would keep the SA feel with breaking bad elements
         - RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS
   Con's - GG whoever codes this   

If you read all of that then.. you're truly an amazing person.

I'm not really sure where I was going with this, but feel free to voice your opinions, add improvements, remove parts, or just tell me to straight up get fucked.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:47:43 pm by Curiosity »

Offline streamer

• View Profile
Re: Sex and Drugs and Rock n' roll
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 07:45:46 pm »
AWESOME IDEA!! (Y)

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:00:43 pm »
I like the idea, but idk if the growing part will work
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline Mert

• ECNR Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »
the longest thing i've ever read,idk quite nice idea.
A guy who got his life back

Offline joaofcmb

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
  • Sergeant of the BCSD
    • View Profile
    • Good ol' days :)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 10:30:16 am »
AWESOME FUCKING IDEA

I think it should be in FGRPG though. Give Viper a call xD
Regular ECNR player and Bone County's Sheriff's Department Sergeant

Offline Mireille_Jansen

• I'm Dani Ya Know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »
A other server i know has it (dont play that anymore)
That was a really great plugin!!!
I really support this post!!!!!