April 29, 2024, 08:34:49 pm

Author Topic: Limiting multiple armour buys from drunk gunz  (Read 2348 times)

ewan_raven

Limiting multiple armour buys from drunk gunz
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:32:07 pm »
I was playing with the normal standoffs we have and people were continuously purchasing armor from the back of the store (Not just once) but making it very hard to actually combat people as they were just getting armor over and over again. Not a very fair game mechanic. I think there should be a cooldown on how fast you can buy armor but not guns.

Offline Deadpros

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting multiple armour buys from drunk gunz
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:36:59 pm »
I totally agree on this , it's hard if they are 2-3 in there and they can buy new armor under the gun fight or after.
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

ewan_raven

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:08:48 pm »
I totally agree on this , it's hard if they are 2-3 in there and they can buy new armor under the gun fight or after.

I don't really mind after but it's the repeated spamming of buying armor that upsets me

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:14:42 am »
It evens the advantage for the criminals considering Army have a clear advantage with the Hydra, Hunter and now even the Andromeda. I constantly see Army waiting outside interiors shooting the door waiting for criminals to come out. I think it's only fair the criminals have their advantage too.

ewan_raven

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 01:28:12 am »
It evens the advantage for the criminals considering Army have a clear advantage with the Hydra, Hunter and now even the Andromeda. I constantly see Army waiting outside interiors shooting the door waiting for criminals to come out. I think it's only fair the criminals have their advantage too.

It's about the battle inside not outside imo.
If cops are going to come inside (Which is already a major disadvantage, attackers will usually need 3x the power than defenders to over come defending advantages) and face off against people with constantly replenishing armor, the police should also have replenishing armor. Or the price for armor should be higher, but constantly buying armor, in my opinion, is an incredibly unfair advantage.

Offline Quit

• EGCM Administration
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 08:49:07 am »

It's about the battle inside not outside imo.
If cops are going to come inside (Which is already a major disadvantage, attackers will usually need 3x the power than defenders to over come defending advantages) and face off against people with constantly replenishing armor, the police should also have replenishing armor. Or the price for armor should be higher, but constantly buying armor, in my opinion, is an incredibly unfair advantage.
i agree with enigma criminals are too weak outside if army is online they just shoot 2 rockets and we blow up so army is too op outside  and criminals need to go inside and then why if army is op outside cant criminals be op inside

ewan_raven

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »
I'm not saying get rid of it. I'm saying place a wait time, say 15 seconds - a minute so that it can't be abused. I see your argument but it's comparing apples to oranges. Police are not army. And army players are not always on, however criminals of any nature always have the ability to purchase armor. It's not selective like army is.

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 05:54:26 pm »
Police also have the option to purchase armour. It was actually Ms_Understood who recommended giving cops cash on spawn so that has been added to the next version so they can afford to arm themselves. Even coming into interiors police have the element of surprise.

I think sides are fairly balanced the way things are, if anyone is at a handicap it's the criminals, removing this luxury would put them at an over disadvantage. I will consider adding a 10 second timer.

There is no biased involved here, only recently I struck down the idea of removing hunters. I believe the player still plans on posting the suggestion for the community's opinion.

Offline Deadpros

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »
Police also have the option to purchase armour. It was actually Ms_Understood who recommended giving cops cash on spawn so that has been added to the next version so they can afford to arm themselves. Even coming into interiors police have the element of surprise.

I think sides are fairly balanced the way things are, if anyone is at a handicap it's the criminals, removing this luxury would put them at an over disadvantage. I will consider adding a 10 second timer.

There is no biased involved here, only recently I struck down the idea of removing hunters. I believe the player still plans on posting the suggestion for the community's opinion.

I like that suggestion remove the hunters they are so boring and almost impossivle to evade. Hydra you can run from but hunter with its miniguns no.
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that are possible to do in a restricted area!!"

ewan_raven

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »

Well in the end you're the boss and I can't really argue with that. But I'd fully support a ten second timer. I noticed that you didn't do it but some other players were constantly just buying armor when we stormed the place (Not once like you do, which is okay in my opinion but sometimes up to 8 times)

Offline GoR

• Elite Member
  • STOP GIVING ME BAD KARMA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 09:05:18 am »

I like that suggestion remove the hunters they are so boring and almost impossivle to evade. Hydra you can run from but hunter with its miniguns no.

Hell no.

Underated uses this, he kills me like 5  times, and after that i cuff him, cause i had enough lol.