May 02, 2024, 01:27:38 pm

Author Topic: Mods  (Read 1675 times)

Denis_Ivanov

Mods
« on: August 15, 2012, 12:14:08 pm »
hi i want to ask what mods i can use on the server (if you can post a name of the mod) :) :)

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
Re: Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:20:19 pm »
You're allowed to use any mods that doesn't give you an advantage over other players in gameplay. General car modifications are allowed that do not effect anything other than the looks of the car. You can ask an available administrator about a modification you're about to use to see if it's legal/allowed, to not get into problems out of misunderstanding.

So yeah, best to contact an administrator if the modification you're about to use is anything other than car modifications.

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 05:59:12 pm »
I like how you had the awareness and respect to ask before just using them, Denis. +1

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »
You are allowed to use car mods, Emergency lights which are ELM, You can mod you sirens and sounds of your guns and the looks of your guns and other sounds in the game. Just as long as the mod that you have installed doesn't give you an advantage over the other player.

a Mod thats not allowed are extended maps on your screen that other players can't see. What I mean by this, say you had an extended map. You go up a ramp that you see that leads to the extended map, The player who is around wont be seeing you driving up a ramp, All they would see is you making your car float and think that your hacking. I know this because I had this done to me, I was a cop chasing a suspect and he went up an invisible ramp that lead to the extended map. And I saw his car just floating up and up and up. So I reported it thinking he was hacking But he just had something I couldn't see, which was the map that he had and nobody else did.

So yeah anything that doesn't give you an advantage is allowed.

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Offline RoboCop

• Bone County Sheriff-Coroner
  • Head Of Security
  • Bone County Emergency Services Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:03 pm »
As all these fine folks iterated, as long as it's only cosmetic and it doesn't give you an unfair advantage over other players, then mods are okay. Hats off to you for checking first.  :)

Denis_Ivanov

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:55 pm »
Thanks to all for the help