May 02, 2024, 12:35:53 am

Author Topic: Population  (Read 2384 times)

Reflex

Population
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:21:11 pm »
Hello people.

This is a quick topic to highlight the fact that for 4 consecutive days in a row I have not seen any players in game. For every cause there is a consequence.

What is the reason for this. Do people not like the game itself, is the script bad, is there nothing new to do, is the advertisement to join the server not clearly displayed or is the community not interested anymore?

What can be done to change this? More advertising, new script, 'spice' the game mode up a little, more events / tournaments (with an on-going leaderboard) and many more.

What are your responses to this, what do you think the cause is and how do you think it can be rectified?

Stevo127

Re: Population
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:34:54 pm »
I think it's a lack of Regular Players. For a while we had a good enough population. I hope that the new update coming very soon may bring some form of attraction.

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:05:06 am »
Four days in a row? Well, I met a bunch of regular players just yesterday. Well, GoR and Ge-Force as regular players. ReCoN and WatakiWatako, as future regular players, and there were two others I don't quite remember. I know it's not an always thing, but yeah, happened.

I haven't seen Shadow or you in 'four consecutive days', where've you both been? That is one thing that could help. Being ingame. Watching from IRC to see how many days in a row the server has zero players does not help. Making a topic about the results on the forum doesn't help either. Being ingame does. The way you see the server with zero players, those that see the server on the hosted list see too. That turns them around.

Anyway, this should get fixed as time goes by, as we do have quite a few that visit frequently. At least we had some. They just lost interest in the server, as it is now. The new update might help with that.

Understand that I'm not blaming anyone; I'm suggesting the better thing to do.

Reflex

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 09:20:42 am »
Four days in a row? Well, I met a bunch of regular players just yesterday. Well, GoR and Ge-Force as regular players. ReCoN and WatakiWatako, as future regular players, and there were two others I don't quite remember. I know it's not an always thing, but yeah, happened.

I haven't seen Shadow or you in 'four consecutive days', where've you both been? That is one thing that could help. Being ingame. Watching from IRC to see how many days in a row the server has zero players does not help.

Understand that I'm not blaming anyone; I'm suggesting the better thing to do.

From that right there sir I see that you are blaming someone. I have my reasons and you have to remember that everyone has a Real Life. Me posting this is too highlight something that I see as an issue. My only availability to go in game is in the evening (GMT+0). SO please sir do not go pointing fingers for a problem that I have highlighted to try help the community.

And seriously, why would you go in-game with no players? Going in-game with no players is like a cup of coffee with no water. It does not make sense.

Thank you and good day sir.

Offline GoR

• Elite Member
  • STOP GIVING ME BAD KARMA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 10:12:07 am »
I aint regular player , only Ge-Force is for now . I am only an army official. (Thx again Enigma.)

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 10:19:05 am »
With the conversation we had no IRC, it's clear to me that you won't give up, as you think you're right everywhere as you clearly said.

I understand that everyone has a real life. But I believe it's not hard to idle ingame, while writing an article. Heck, it's not hard to idle ingame while watching a movie, or scripting some huge application for international use.

I'm not blaming you; I'm suggesting you to simply idle ingame whenever you can. Call it blaming if you wish, but you won't receive an answer for it, for I will simply ignore it.

We're on the hosted list now. Enigma spent from his pocket on that. Players now see us on the hosted list, but when you ignore my points and suggestions with a stubborn and off-topic reply about your intelligence and how smart you are, and not go ingame because there are no players, none will be ingame!

Players see how many people are currently ingame- that's how they decide whether to try the server. When they don't see any players ingame, their minds are made: Boring.

You said you won't go ingame because there are no players ingame. What makes you think others will join with no players ingame?

In SA-MP; the more the players a server has, the more the players it gets. The empty server stays empty. Therefore, by disagreeing to go ingame at a time you can because there's none else ingame, you're responsible for the waste of money spent on putting us on the hosted list, along with anyone else that disagrees.

It's more like a tank of coffee for others to drink, where you get to make friends with fellow men that visit for coffee, and then they end up visiting the tank daily knowing it's empty, because they know they have friends visiting for the same reason; the friends and the fun chats.

I hope you understand by now.

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »
Stop taking jabs at eachother guys. We all have a common goal. Reflex is right about everything he said in his original post, but Reflex, so is Sylar. We do need to spice things up etc. But, the cold hard fact is, if nobodys in game, we're not going to get new players.
<&WatakiWatako> Here's a demonstration for everyone.
<&WatakiWatako> Hmm, what can I do? I know! I'll play some SA-MP.
<&WatakiWatako> !players
<%ECNR2> 12[0 players] 09No Players online!
<&WatakiWatako> Oh wait... there are no players.
<&WatakiWatako> In that case, I'll wait for someone to join.
<&WatakiWatako> Fact. No players = no players.
<&WatakiWatako> Players = more players.
<&WatakiWatako> Therefore, if anyone wants players online, join the server. :D
<&WatakiWatako> Demonstration complete.

Pretty much sums it up. So guys, we all know EGC is epic and it's only problem is a shortage of consistent players. We all must remember though, we're still pretty much brand new. Of course it's going to take time. My last server took a long time to kickstart, but once it did...well..we all know how successful that was. (Until I gave it away and everyone else fucked it up :P (Haha Stephen  ;D) but seriously, this will be even bigger. As long as you guys get in game and attract them new players. Teach them to play, it'll be worth it in the end, trust me there. We'll have a huge player base of dedicated Regs. So stop reading this and get in game!

Offline GoR

• Elite Member
  • STOP GIVING ME BAD KARMA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:43:23 pm »
And that demonstration from wataki is right , im always ingame
just to get new players join.......

Offline Saw

• Bone County Fire Department
  • Bone County Fire Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 06:46:13 pm »
Im really sorry i can't go in game! :'( im really trying hard to save money to try to get a computer. If any of you remember i was on all the time when i had my computer! Never realky once did got off. I did what i had to do and went back to the game. When i pay rent i only get $50 for the whole month. Gas is at $4.00 a gallon it cost $80 to fill my car up and that only last me 1 week. So im really trying to save money for a computer. I miss playing in game. so i try to ne on irc as much as i can. So when someone does come on, i do welcome them and ask if they need any help!

So sorry for not being  active :( its been since February. I might be getting some money by hopefully September and at the very latest December. Hope none of you are mad at me for not being in game. you will definitely see me on irc often though. And just a F.Y I. im now known as Saw (Saw@Lets.Play.a.Game) :P