May 05, 2024, 10:33:32 am

Author Topic: A Cop Bot  (Read 2383 times)

Offline cr33p1ngd34th

• View Profile
A Cop Bot
« on: September 03, 2012, 04:52:29 pm »
I went to a server one day (Not going to say which one) but I saw a bot that always drove a LVPD car, and whenever you would get wanted, he'd come after you and try to fine/arrest/kill you and of course you could blow his car up. What if they had something like that here. I guarantee the server would be more popular because there aren't many servers that have stuff like that. It would also make the game more fun.

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
Re: A Cop Bot
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:08:54 pm »
I don't like this idea. It is not needed and could you out run it, kill it? No, it's just a pointless thing to add to the script.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline cr33p1ngd34th

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16:12 pm »
I stated that you could kill it. And I'm sure if your a good enough driver you could outrun it.

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:52 pm »
I like the idea, but with an off-duty time it would just sit in Aaron's position in front of the 24x7 on The Strip, and an On Duty alert. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:40:12 pm by Sylar »

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:51:48 am »
I like the Idea but wouldn't it take up the Player Space? Since it would be like Jim... Which requests a player... It wouldn't be a animated object moving because you can kill it + it doesn't go one way or something I don't know..

Tip: If this goes ahead and you like helping people and your criminal+good driver
Get the bot to chase you
Drive to the top of chilliad..

Job done(y)

OldMan

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 02:51:37 pm »
I like the Idea but wouldn't it take up the Player Space? Since it would be like Jim... Which requests a player... It wouldn't be a animated object moving because you can kill it + it doesn't go one way or something I don't know..

Tip: If this goes ahead and you like helping people and your criminal+good driver
Get the bot to chase you
Drive to the top of chilliad..

Job done(y)
Jim the police officer?

There we go!

Now about the idea.
You can't give an NPC their own mind. When do we decide he will arrest or kill?
I said no arrest. Only kill.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:53:10 pm by OldMan »

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:06:47 pm »
I like the idea, but with an off-duty time it would just sit in Aaron's position in front of the 24x7 on The Strip, and an On Duty alert. :)

Lol, if it sat in my position, I'd have to re-locate. or park next to him like other officer's do when I first started parking there, they'd park next to me and wait for a suspect to pass. But anyway. I do like the concept of the idea. It maybe possible, and I would at-lest like it try'd out and see where it goes and see how people like it. If people don't like it, then it can be taken out. But I wanna see this given a chance

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 09:14:40 pm »

Lol, if it sat in my position, I'd have to re-locate. or park next to him like other officer's do when I first started parking there, they'd park next to me and wait for a suspect to pass. But anyway. I do like the concept of the idea. It maybe possible, and I would at-lest like it try'd out and see where it goes and see how people like it. If people don't like it, then it can be taken out. But I wanna see this given a chance
  You know, i have re thought this and i like it.  It would be nice having someone chasing you when there are no cops online. But how would you kill itt if you are not a terrosit?
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU