May 03, 2024, 01:27:24 pm

Author Topic: Tank's Suggestion Box?  (Read 1076 times)

[OG]Tank

Tank's Suggestion Box?
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »
Hello there! :D I am Tank of Tank's Suggestion Box LLC? 2013. I have been fillling this box with some suggestions and I have decided to finally open the box for public use. So without further a due.

Table of Contents
  • Locate Command
  • Trucking Missions
  • Cash Delivery
  • Eggland Docks
  • Menu Conversions

Locate Command
Current places in the /locate dialog.

Places that should be added
  • San Fierro Exportation Docks
- A lot of new players hop in a car and the messages pops up "You can sell this car in San Fierro" Well not everyone will know how to get there. This will definetly have an impact.
  • Ireland
Yea Ireland. You wouldn't imagine how many times players have asked how to get there.
  • Eggland Docks
I don't think majority of the people even know there is a docks D:
  • Bomb Shops
- Bomb Shop is  a major part of the GameMode. Be a shame if no one knew where to find it.
  • Terrorist locations
The major places like /callattack building, the bridge etc.
  • Few more other places... I can't remember atm

Another thing. For the /locate command all it does is tell you directions and what the place is near. I suggest at-least set a way-point or add a gps system with the arrows sorta like crazy taxi. This will really help mostly newer players who don't know their way around just yet. Heck Even I still get lost from time to time.

Trucking Missions
At the moment there a quite a few Trucking Missions locations.

• Chem Trucking in Bone County
- Chem Trucking is far out in the boondocks
  • Regular Trucking at LV Freight Depot
- Regular trucking is rarely used because it's fairly unattractive
  • 2 Garbage Trucking Bases
- Garbage trucking is rarely used and on top of that there are 2 bases for it.(No Offense to Mr. Watako)
[/list]

Since Garbage Man has it's own skin. I figured why not generalize the skin for all truckng jobs And move all the trucking jobs to one base. This way you can remove the extra objects that really aren't needed as much.

Cash Delivery
We should increase the payout for this job. 50k isn't enough for delivering all that money to those locations. Atleast let the driver dip his hand in the cookie jar. Another idea was when a driver starts the atm delivery make it robbable. Like how they do it in the movies. Ram and take the cash.

Eggland Docks

Simple just remap it. The way it is now is just terrible. How does one catch a ferry on a dock like that? And maybe replace the boat with a bigger one or custom one. If possible we can even add exports using the ferry.

Menu Conversions
Some of the menus can be converted to dialog. Most of those which have multiple pages of menus.

• Warehouse Menu
  • Fancy Car menu
  • AutoBahn Menu
  • BikeBahn

That's about it really. There were a few more. I suppose those you can live with.

[/list]

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
Re: Tank's Suggestion Box?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 01:53:01 am »
I have another suggestion, how about we take Eggland, and push it somewhere else? No, but seriously, most people are completely oblivious to the fact that Eggland even exists, why can't we make it so it can be reached by car?

Also, great suggestions, the one I love the most is the dialogues, we should convert every menu to those glorious dialogues, including the job selection menu, there should also be an explanation for each of the jobs.

[OG]Tank

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 12:43:41 pm »
Well I think Eggland still has a chance. I still go there to rob the bank and etc. I think what makes it not attractive to some is the distance and transportation. If we can find a way to compromise I think Eggland will have a lot more patrons.

Amombob

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 01:14:08 pm »
Well Tank is good suggestion  8)