May 10, 2024, 01:30:32 pm

Author Topic: Fires  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
Fires
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »
As we all know it fighting fires takes way too long to do with any number of people, so why not make the fire time be up to 5min, or just go back to the old way?
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

suicide

Re: Fires
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:28:28 pm »
I think we should do that only when it's one player VS the fire lol.

Offline spiderpig

• Everybody loves pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »
to be honest i miss the old way. There i had the feeling i was a firefighter. Now its spraying on something what dont exist :(
[09:28.34] <Spiderpig> !say Did you guys know i am king?
[09:28.36] <%ECNR2> Spiderpig(IRC) Did you guys know i am king?
[09:28.46] <%ECNR1> [DISCONNECT] pEnd4r (5) Has left the server (Left)

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:47:47 pm »
to be honest i miss the old way. There i had the feeling i was a firefighter. Now its spraying on something what dont exist :(
AGREED :D

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:13:23 pm »
I kinda miss the old way as well, But we need newer random locations for fires, I suggested before a while back about Brush fires. meaning find a wooded area that has a bunch of tree's. I also still like the idea of actual house fires, meaning someone who has a bought house can have the house catch fire. And the way to prevent the house from being destroyed by the fire is go to the bank and buy Home Owners insurance, then if you buy that, your house wont catch fire for 1 game month. And if you dont buy the insurance and your house caught fire, I think the house should disappear until the next GMX, the person that owns the house wont be able to enter it for any reason.

I know that house fire sounds stupid to some, but it's still a way of interaction with the houses and gives fire fighters more fires to fight instead of just having to fight fires at businesses.

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 11:26:30 pm »
I kinda miss the old way as well, But we need newer random locations for fires, I suggested before a while back about Brush fires. meaning find a wooded area that has a bunch of tree's. I also still like the idea of actual house fires, meaning someone who has a bought house can have the house catch fire. And the way to prevent the house from being destroyed by the fire is go to the bank and buy Home Owners insurance, then if you buy that, your house wont catch fire for 1 game month. And if you dont buy the insurance and your house caught fire, I think the house should disappear until the next GMX, the person that owns the house wont be able to enter it for any reason.

I know that house fire sounds stupid to some, but it's still a way of interaction with the houses and gives fire fighters more fires to fight instead of just having to fight fires at businesses.

Players pay real money for the houses they're given. I do not agree to them having to spend more in-game money on being able to actually use their house.

Offline spiderpig

• Everybody loves pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 01:10:01 pm »
agree with sylar. But House fires are good idea. 

Denis_Ivanov

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:38:21 pm »
I thing if you are a  firefighter  you can put Roadblocks I know you can if you are a REG player but lets have 1 one Roadblock that you can put if you are not a REG player  :) :)

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:59:55 pm »
I thing if you are a  firefighter  you can put Roadblocks I know you can if you are a REG player but lets have 1 one Roadblock that you can put if you are not a REG player  :) :)
Bad Idea! Although I know there are some people we can trust as Non Regular Players but you also get those people who just spoil it for everyone else and that will just abuse it... :/
If we had less that spoil it and more that are trusted then I would say people would agree in it but because more people spoil it for others it is a no.

Also... being a Regular Player there is more benefits... You can't really give benefits to Regular Player + Same benefits to some Classes? Might aswell Remove Regular Players in that case and just have Server Helpers...

Offline Aaron_Ewing

• ECNR Administration
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 11:24:00 pm »
ok well screw the buying insurance Idea and just let random bought houses catch fire. and after the fire is out the house can be accessed again

(02:05:15) <%ECNR1>  Aaron_Ewing (2) - I feel it in my nut sack that I will win
(02:07:09) <%ECNR2> Today's winner is Aaron_Ewing (2), who has recieved today's

Offline spiderpig

• Everybody loves pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 09:13:25 am »
Thats a better one. Maybe a random, when u are to late or didnt managed the fire properly. The building will be burned down. And respawn later.

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 10:46:58 pm »
Thats a better one. Maybe a random, when u are to late or didnt managed the fire properly. The building will be burned down. And respawn later.
Hmm...
So like 10-20 Minutes after the fire has been going if nobody has put it out then it burns/blows

So basicly set timer for 10-20 if not stopped then another way of blowing up a building...
Can be done I guess! :P
Good idea of your own to expand the Ideas! :P

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 12:48:09 am »
Yea i love the house fire idea, and i love the old way a lot better.  But the firemen dont know were all the houses are, so if there is a house fire put a little fire truck symbol ( like trucking) on the location of the fire. And the brush fires i love the idea too ( with fire truck symbol).  Why not have the military thing cath on fire near Gh?

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 01:10:09 am »
Yea i love the house fire idea, and i love the old way a lot better.  But the firemen dont know were all the houses are, so if there is a house fire put a little fire truck symbol ( like trucking) on the location of the fire. And the brush fires i love the idea too ( with fire truck symbol).  Why not have the military thing cath on fire near Gh?
I do not agree in House Fires... Yes In real life they happened... but people pay for it with real money and what is the point in buying one if at some point you will not be able to use it since your house will be on Fire? That would turn my nose away with buying stuff...

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 01:58:15 am »
I do not agree in House Fires... Yes In real life they happened... but people pay for it with real money and what is the point in buying one if at some point you will not be able to use it since your house will be on Fire? That would turn my nose away with buying stuff...
Then make it so they can enter while its on fire. Or make the houses catch on fire when the certain owner is not ingame