May 17, 2024, 11:45:21 pm

Author Topic: Auto-Translate  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
Auto-Translate
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:40:02 am »
We definitely need a system that automatically translates other languages into our own (using Google Translate), giving people the liberty to speak their languages while not annoying the rest of us, and make it possible for us to communicate with them, and build a larger inter-lingual community in that manner.

We could have a command like /setlang [Language], in which language, would be the name of the language, in the language itself.
For example:
/setlang English
/setlang Espa?ol

And it would automatically translate all text into the language you specify.

I cannot emphasize on how amazing this would be and we would be a first (as far as I know) in the entire SAMP community to have such a system.

Yes I do understand Google Translate is not perfect, but if you have half a brain you can infer what people are trying to say in the case of a failure on Google's side. It is definitely a lot better than the oooaaaaoooaaaaaaooooaaaaaaaaooooooaaaaa oooaaaaao us living in the US get when someone is speaking a language that does not use the Latin alphabet.

Offline Saw

• Bone County Fire Department
  • Bone County Fire Department
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Translate
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:46 am »
I think this would be a good thing for us to use, so that way it would be easier then having to go to Google and spend time translating it.

I also think the command should be !translate [Language]
But as always, it's up to the Admin's and Owner to decide.

(Not sure if I have a say in this or not.)

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:07:20 pm »
I think someone has already suggested this a while back, but yes i do like the idea. Please refer to this link: http://ecnr.enigmaticgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:10:28 pm by Segue »
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 01:09:06 am »
I think someone has already suggested this a while back, but yes i do like the idea. Please refer to this link: http://ecnr.enigmaticgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0
I can't believe I forgot this was already suggested, I thought it was just suggested ingame, like, "hey, we should have this." /facepalm :/

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 12:50:55 pm »
This would work... If people didn't actually use street language... People use variations, lingo of their own language, making translate programs unable to translate some words in their sentences...
Or giving wrong translations.. This might become a problem if it translates something that means something entirely different.

For instance, in dutch "buurvrouw wat een mooie koolmezen, maar wat doet mijn haan op uw ezel"
what effectively translates to "neighbor what a lovely tits, but what does my cock in your ass"
but actually means "Neighbour, what a nice birds, but what does my cock(chicken) on your donkey"...

Offline Ratzu

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rat who?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 12:45:04 am »
This would work... If people didn't actually use street language... People use variations, lingo of their own language, making translate programs unable to translate some words in their sentences...
Or giving wrong translations.. This might become a problem if it translates something that means something entirely different.

For instance, in dutch "buurvrouw wat een mooie koolmezen, maar wat doet mijn haan op uw ezel"
what effectively translates to "neighbor what a lovely tits, but what does my cock in your ass"
but actually means "Neighbour, what a nice birds, but what does my cock(chicken) on your donkey"...

Some is better than none. Also, people will probably try speaking properly if it means they can be understood.

Offline Paranoid

• Bitch nigga ass please
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:59:08 am »
i agree with dazzler, although a A??A"'a???A?'"A? Translator would be great!
Certified Retard/Noob Hunter

Signature Made by my Good friends!

Offline Littleman

• Elite Member
  • A life that touches others goes on forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 09:38:20 pm »
Who is "dazzler"?
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Matthew 5:4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9cq2utk2JU

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »
Who is "dazzler"?
Me.
Old name.