May 17, 2024, 07:26:36 am

Author Topic: Backpacks  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
Backpacks
« on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:17 am »
Well since the recent backpack has been made to be purchased with real money, it really becomes annoying ingame, and it just seems to much p2w in my opinion...

Money
Now if you rob something, you have no place to store that money, no place to hide it, and you must go to the bank. Police might be camping that site, making sure you cannot deposit the money, and you will basically lose it when you die.
That's example one, for this I am suggesting a purse/wallet. Something where you can store upto 500k in, via a command, /storecash, which should give you a menu to select from where you can enter an amount.
This then can be deposited into the bank when you are there.
That concludes the money part.

C4
This bring me to another matter, terrorist and their C4, you have got the option to buy 10 c4 at a time, this would deposit the c4 in your backpack, and keep 1 in hand since the limit of inhand c4, is 1.
This function now becomes unusable unless you purchase the backpack. Besides that, now, you purchase C4, go to blow something up, as soon as that is done, you need to return with police up your ass, buying new C4...
That's not the way that should be, you should be able to store C4, in some sort of pouch or something...

Roper
Another function of the backpack was to store ropes, which is highly needed as a kidnapper.
If you kidnap someone, often there's the chance that he escapes immediately, you need to /tie that player then. This is made impossible since you need 2 ropes, and you can carry only 1 at a time.
Even if he does not escape, the kidnapper would be left chanceless if the victim escapes, making sure the kidnapper cannot earn any money due to this (since the kidnapped person just waits till he's free, no chance of getting retied anyways.)
Perhaps a ropepack would be usefull?

These are the biggest losses due to this.

There is also the loss of purchasing larger amount of Weed, eggs and heroin, but those are not real big problems.

All these suggestion, pouches, c4packs and ropepacks are suggestions to make them for sale for ingame money.
The backpack was made for real money, since it is a big advantage. Not a good thing imo, but if it needs to be this way, there should be replacement if you do not want it. These things can be made for sale for a larger amount of money (1million ingame dollars each) or something around that amount.

Let me know any suggestions, any remarks on this or anything else ofcourse.
~Cookie.

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
Re: Backpacks
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:17 am »
I like your suggestion, and that you've showed a lot of points as to why the backpack being made bought for real money isn't a good thing.

It would be much better, in my opinion, to make it so when you spawn as a terrorist, you already have a 'pouch' that can store up to 10 C4's in. When you spawn as a kidnapper, you have a rope bag automatically that can keep up to 6 ropes. But before giving the player a pouch or rope bag, check if the player has a backpack bought! If they do, just don't give them the other bags.

Now, with a backpack, you will have unlimited space to store things, and extra things too! So players are given a reason to buy the backpack.

As for storing money, sell wallets that can store up to 1 million, sold for 500k. So there's another reason to buy the backpack. You don't loose half the one million you make!

How's that? Call it a solution? :P

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:16:17 pm »
Do you mean the wallet as in you buy it for 500K, fill it up till 1mil, deposit and the wallet is gone? Or do you mean that you can buy 1 and just keep filling it, empty it, and refill it?

Perhaps an idea for thief class to make an aditional /stealwallet command, which has 5% of succeeding, and can steal someones wallet... That wouldn't make the function of a wallet overpowered, and I think the best thing would be to have the wallet for 1million ingame cash for sale, being unlimited, untill it gets robbed...
I love your idea on the ropes and C4 though, I do think the c4 and ropes still need to be bought, so empty pouches and rope packs!

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 12:53:50 pm »
I mean it would disappear every GMX! :P I think that'll be good, don't you?

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 04:54:22 pm »
Ahh, perhaps I got another idea, if the purse/wallet ain't good, an ATM card//credit card, which you can use in stores and weapon dealers who need to purchase, and carry a portable atm machine...
This is just a little mindspin, but that might be a good sollution?

Stevo127

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 05:12:21 pm »
Sorry, this will not change.
Basically, the backpack was made a store item because we do not want every player having one. It makes the game harder. It makes it harder to gain cash, increase tskill etc, which is better for the server. Also, makes the banking system more important, and thief's have more chance to rob your cash.

We do not want every player having one, so if you want one, you have to purchase one, like I did.

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 05:22:09 pm »
I'm not suggseting the backpack to come back, I'm suggesting something else stevo.
And you do want every player have one, just want money for it for the server, or to earn, idk idc... But my suggestion is not about change, it's about new additions, you would see that if you read the full suggestion... You would see that people still need to use the bank, you would see that thiefs would still be able to rob those players.

Now it's just too much Pay2Win

Stevo127

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 07:26:40 pm »
And you clearly didn't read my reply either lol.
I said the whole reason of doing it was mainly so that it makes playing harder. If you make a replacement for these things, it's just exactly the same, except with a different name..
We don't want it being so easy.

Offline Cookiemonstah

• AKA Dazzler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 08:00:31 pm »
Changes can be made, so it still is harder;
EG; Like Sylar said, it could be made that a purse/wallet costs 1mil, and only lasts untill a GMX, which will be the players' responsibility to deposit before a gmx, and the purse needs to be purchased every time, above on that thiefs got the ability to rob a player of this purse/wallet, the wallet then can hold upto 500k, meaning if you rob a bank (which gets you over 700k often) you cannot deposit it into the wallet.
LV bank is only open at daytime, in nighttime, you only got ireland bank, before you're there, red wanted from a couple of big heists, you get shot to bits at the ireland gate (ofcourse this can be avoided, just an example)

ATM card;
Could be usefull for big purchases (Cars) or even other shops, but isn't completely neccesary

C4 pouch would be only able to carry upto 10 c4, a c4 pouch would cost 1mil each, lost on GMX, you need to buy the c4 yourself.
Same goes for the rope pack, if you add all this I do not think it'd be easy to obtain, and would only be obtained by the players who play the classes.

If you think it's to easy, remove it alltogether, and don't have it p2w :/ (Yes, this is my main point.)

Stevo127

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:55:56 am »
Well I don't think that it's any different, will still make it pretty much the same as a backpack.
That's my opinion.

Dante

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 12:14:27 pm »
And you clearly didn't read my reply either lol.
I said the whole reason of doing it was mainly so that it makes playing harder. If you make a replacement for these things, it's just exactly the same, except with a different name..
We don't want it being so easy.

That's why I like it:P

More challenging!

Offline Enigma

• Chairman Of The Board
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 04:59:55 pm »
Possibly a warehouse? Would avoid players being able to just use it whenever (AKA Abusing) if it's in a far location from general gameplay. Thoughts?

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »
A warehouse, yes.

Some sort of a place that gives players a box to leave few things like weed and heroine in. Maybe allow cops to check the place, with a given percent of chance of success in finding anything. Make it so for example, I'm online and I have weed kept there. The cop uses a command to search the place and by chance finds my weed. I get a four star wanted level for it.

Criminals should also have a tiny chance of being able to successfully. So that makes players want a backpack more.

Other things such as ropes and C4's, being able to store a small amount. This can be used when a player wants to log off for the day.

When a criminal successfully robs someone random's rope or C4, it must show a message stating whose rope or C4 was stolen. When a cop finds weed or heroine, it should also state the name of the owner.

How's that sound?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:24:57 pm by Sylar »

Dante

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 06:29:13 pm »
http://ecnr.enigmaticgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=310.0

Already said the warehouse thing :<

And yes,By (like bank) I meant some kind of warehouse

i_be_stealing

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 06:18:07 am »
I like the whole idea, but i really like the warehouse idea Enigma came up with thats just brilliant!!!