May 05, 2024, 07:16:54 am

Author Topic: Auto login  (Read 1812 times)

suicide

Auto login
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:45:56 am »
Well I was thinking about making the login automatic if you login from the same IP :) would be alot easier and it can really help us, and if the player wants, he can acitve and dis-active it with /aloginon and /aloginoff.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:48:46 am by suicide »

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
Re: Auto login
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:44:14 pm »
This can bring quite some trouble if a player's family member decides to try our server and end up breaking rules. It can also be done purposefully by a family member for some kind of fun. There can also be times where one lies about it to save himself from rules he breaks, by saying it was a friend or family member.

Turning it on and off doesn't make much of a difference either!

But, I believe it's possible for it to be turned on by the script and not the person in case of a timeout. That, however, wouldn't be worth all the scripting and things, I believe, but I'll go ahead and explain.

The auto-login check can be placed into a player's playerfile: autologin=0.

When a player logs in, they have to use their password. But when they join, the script will also check if autologin is set to "0" (which it should be). If they timeout, the line in the playerfile gets set to "autologin=1". Now, when he logs in, the same check will detect the change ("1") and set it back to the default "0", after logging them in automatically. This means players will get auto-relogged if they timeout!

But it's not every time a player just returns after a timeout, so even that can cause something bad.

Using this system with the IP login system will eliminate any chance of a player getting timed out by someone else on another PC that wishes to gain access to that account by crashing them or other methods.

Even then, again, it's not every time players just come back after a timeout! And timers aren't so good for the ill-optimized script being used right now, if I'm correct. (For setting the autologin line to '0' after a set amount of time.)

This gives me another idea which I'll go ahead and suggest right away!

To this suggestion, it's a no from me, unless there's a way that doesn't give space for any problems.

suicide

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:49:16 pm »
well, I didn't hear about any hack that cause players to timeout o.o...

and yea there isn't a big problem since you need the EXACT same IP to autologin.

and the autologin can be set with a timer? maybe? like if you logout before 5 minutes the autologin will work.

But if you try to login after 30minutes it will not work and request from you the password.

Now every PC have another IP it's like your house address there is no way in the world that two computers will have the same IP.

Offline Sylar

• Gray Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:20:30 pm »
Well, with your suggestion to turn it on, we being imperfect human beings, could forget to turn it off. And not every family has just one child that plays SA-MP. So what I mean is, the account owner's brother, for instance, could login on their family computer and ruin things for the real account owner!

I meant by mixing my system with the IP check system to log them in to prevent someone else from logging in by crashing the real player, thereby setting the autologin to true. My post was a completely different system, so I found it important to note that an IP check system must be included.

Anyway, like I said, anything that is sure not to bring any problems is just fine. Like something you have to apply on the forum for, thereby accepting terms set by the server which states something like "Anything that happens from or is done through your account you will be punished and responsible for, irrelevant of who did it from or through your account using the auto-login system."

:)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:23:45 pm by Sylar »

suicide

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:42:47 pm »
Well I agree with you sylar. And you should take care about your own account.

Stevo127

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 05:09:52 pm »
I am sorry but there is no need for this, and it could cause security issues.