May 02, 2024, 12:41:02 am

Author Topic: EGCM (Pls read it all)  (Read 2512 times)

Offline joaofcmb

• Bone County Sheriff's Department
  • Sergeant of the BCSD
    • View Profile
    • Good ol' days :)
EGCM (Pls read it all)
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »
As EGC forums aren't checked by people and EGCM forums r down, i decided to post this in here.

EGCM needs something more than just a survival world. I was thinking of adding many features to it. I dont know how to set up a server or plugins, but tako does. What i was proposing was me building the server world(worlds) while tako takes care of the plugins, etc. Here are my thoughts:

1-Server Hub (Spawn)

A cool server spawn with many portals:

• Survival Factions
  • Creative (Plots)
  • Prison Mode
  • Minigames

Survival Factions: The usual Survival mode with factions. Basicly what we had before. newcomers could receive a pack, for 1st arriving with a stone sword, pickaxe and the wodd cutter thingy, leather armor and 10 steaks.

Creative (Plots): Creative mode, using the /plotme plugin. Plots could be 50x50.

Prison Mode: The Epic Prison RP is a cool thing, imo. It could have these levels: Prisioner D, Prisioner C, Prisioner B, Prisioner A, Guard, Civilian, Worshiped, Lord, Emperor, God.

In the prison, prisioners must rank up, by working in the prison. The prisioners must mine resources and shop trees to trade for money, which make them rankup. The prison comes with a place where people can get food, in order to live.

Prisioner D: Newcomers to the prison. They receive a pickaxe and a wood cutter thing (both in stone), as well as a Leather armor. These can enter the workshops, which have furnaces, crafters and a end chest (there is a plugin, allowing each player to have its own). These have acess to the wood mine and to the Mine Area D.(stone with some coal (80-20)).

Prisioner C: In order to rank up to this position, u must spend 10000 credits. Prisioners C have a chain armor, but have the same tools. They gain acess to the enchantment rooms, to the Backyard (DM place) and to the Mine Area C (stone and coal (50-50)).

Prisioner B: In order to rank up to this position you must spend 20000 credits. Prisioners B have a iron armor and iron tools. They gain acess to the prison cells (some contain possible escape routes) and to the Mine Area B (redstone and iron (70-30)).

Prisioner A: In order to rank up to this position, u must spen 35000 credits. Prisioner A's have gold armor and golden tools. They gain acess to the prison sewers (contain possible escape routes) and to the Mine Area A (gold and diamond (60-40)).

Guard: In order to rank up to this position, u must spend 50000 credits. Guards have diamond armor and tools. These have the job to guard the prison and to kill any prisioners trying to escape. They gain acess to the Guard towers and walls and to a secret area that leads to a mine with diamond and lapiz lazuri (40-60). They gain 10000 credits if they kill an escapee.

Civilian: In order to rank up to this position, u must spend 100000 credits. Civilians are free, and are out of the prison. They can get enter and exit the prision whenever they want. They have acess to the outside world, containing mines, farms, etc, where he works to get money. He can buy a plot (20x20) in the village for 20000, and build his home there, using his own resources.

Worshiped: In order to rank up to this position, u must spend 250000 credits. Worshiped are like the soldiers of the villages. They catch those who grief, or managed to escape the prison, winning 15000 for each catch. They have horses, and work for the lord, by keeping the villages safe, get bad guys, etc...

Lord: In order to rank up to this position, u must spend 500000 credits. The lords have power. They have acess to the royal castle, which is full of surprises :).

Emperor: In order to get this rank, u must be a lord and donate 5 euros. Emperors have acess to more parts of the royal castle, worth the money, and to the Nether, which contains secrets too :D.

God: Gods are the most powerfull of them all. In order to get this rank you must be a lord and donate 10 euros. They get the same things as the emperor+ the ability to fly and acess to the end world which also has surprises xD.

The selling prices for the items and the items available to be bought will be figured out when later :P.

Minigames:

Parkour (there are many levels, each more difficult, and wont be as frustration as the most of parkours xD).

Horse races. (ya epic horse races).

Survival Games (like hunger games).

DM matches (yup, cool DM's with snowballs, arrows, etc....)

Skyblock (small islands in the middle of nowhere. Use the resources carefully).

Skywars (A DM match made with a series of skyblock islands. U have chests with weapons and blocks to kill the oponents and get to other skyblock islands).

Hide and Seek: I saw a server with this cool game. One is the seeker the other must hide. When a hiding guy is caught, he becomes a seeker. There is a time limit. Each hider has an atributed block, which is what they look like (yes an actual block, there is a plugin for that.). They must try to blend in with the environment by being that block 8).

This is what im putting in EGCM maps. Please reply with your opinion about this, as well as tips and stuff u want to put too and doubts. Hope you took the time to read this post, as it took time for me to post it too.

Regular ECNR player and Bone County's Sheriff's Department Sergeant

Offline Curiosity

• The Vox Populi Boss
  • Rudeboy!
    • View Profile
Re: EGCM (Pls read it all)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:37:19 pm »
Having quickly read through 1 problem I can instantly see is the hosting.
Afaik the server was downgraded to a less powerful system, and the old server struggled to host minecraft as it was. You're talking about either loading 4 seperate worlds or having a huge map with 4 different huge areas which is going to be EXTREMELY memory/cpu intensive.

Also you're talking about making these mini games with minimal plugin input, if you're going to host a server like this it's going to rely heavily on plugins, imo you should develop the map with a huge input from plugins as otherwise it's going to be abused and not function correctly at all.

These problems aren't the end of the world, how about a rotation of the maps? that would be considerably easier on the server, with everyone being focused in the same area. And i'd get to grips with popular plugins such as world guard etc and get to grips with the permissions plugins as you'll soon find that what you're proposing is extremely in depth server side. With the prisoner mode requiring a plugin to be written if there isn't already one.

Either way, it sounds good but maybe take one step at a time. We struggled to get a solid 3 player count before so what makes you think we can fill 4 worlds and use them to there potential? If they sit unused it will just eat up server resources that could be used elsewhere.

But good ideas Joao, maybe the mini games on rotation would be the most plausible ?

Offline joaofcmb

• Sergeant of the BCSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:13:17 pm »
the prison idea exists in many servers. that is where it came from. Im making the server worlds my slef, and try to make it least plugin reliable

Offline Quit

• EGCM Administration
  • Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:46:41 pm »
I would like it as well as i would like help you in building that...But yeah it's useless if there are no players. Last time we didn't have really much players... If this happens and we get players it would be nice

Offline joaofcmb

• Sergeant of the BCSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:00:47 pm »
We need to add modes to get players. The we advertise on planetminecraft minecraft forums, etc.... Few cracked servers have prison rp. So there could be many players eagering it. Plus minigames attract players, behond the creative and survival

Offline Saw

• Bone County Fire Department
  • Bone County Fire Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 10:07:18 pm »
But the question is.. How would we even be able to host it?

Having quickly read through 1 problem I can instantly see is the hosting.
Afaik the server was downgraded to a less powerful system, and the old server struggled to host minecraft as it was. You're talking about either loading 4 seperate worlds or having a huge map with 4 different huge areas which is going to be EXTREMELY memory/cpu intensive.

Also you're talking about making these mini games with minimal plugin input, if you're going to host a server like this it's going to rely heavily on plugins, imo you should develop the map with a huge input from plugins as otherwise it's going to be abused and not function correctly at all.

These problems aren't the end of the world, how about a rotation of the maps? that would be considerably easier on the server, with everyone being focused in the same area. And i'd get to grips with popular plugins such as world guard etc and get to grips with the permissions plugins as you'll soon find that what you're proposing is extremely in depth server side. With the prisoner mode requiring a plugin to be written if there isn't already one.

Either way, it sounds good but maybe take one step at a time. We struggled to get a solid 3 player count before so what makes you think we can fill 4 worlds and use them to there potential? If they sit unused it will just eat up server resources that could be used elsewhere.

But good ideas Joao, maybe the mini games on rotation would be the most plausible ?

Offline joaofcmb

• Sergeant of the BCSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 05:21:37 pm »
we could use potato bateries xD. Well i dunno, but if there was a way to host it, it'd be cool. As i said im making the mpas the least plugin reliable. If u think it wotn take part, tell me before i waste time building them :P.